FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Earthsong: The Sapphire Guard RPG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Tamir



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1629
Location: Israel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruthven was wandering around the Bunker halls, carving random things into the walls with a rock. He had just finished a drawing of "Dumble" when he heard the shouts. The gnome's caricature forgotten, he sprinted towards the source of the sounds, which quickly turned out to be the Bunker's entryway. He stopped behind a wall, panting, and listened.

It didn't take him long to recognize Felucca's voice. His face lit up, though nobody saw it. Oh boy! Fel's here! And it sounds like something interesting is going on!

Felucca had barely finished talking when Ruthven dashed off to the library, eager to be there when the action happened. He was so busy wondering what might possibly be happening as he ran that he didn't notice Chet at all (quite an accomplishment), and proceeded to smack into his leg. Ruthven fell to the ground, but was back on his feet in moments.

"Chet!" He said excitedly, "Something's going on! Come to the reading room, everyone's going to be here in a minute!"

Racing past Chet, who seemed somewhat bemused, Ruthven made his way to the big table in the reading room. Only there he realized that he was still holding the stone he had been carving on the wall with. He tossed it under the table.


Last edited by Tamir on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Felucc!a..." Cochinel,l clicked his mandibles (the equivalent of raising an eyebrow) in interest. he'd not gotten far towards the lookout, but he was close enough to hear the garrulous gargoyle's arrival. He diverted his course towards the library.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Resident Fool



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hmph." Dimble smirked, leaning against the side of the watch tower. He turned his head, looking down with amusement in his eyes as he shook his head. "It's only Felucca. She couldn't hurt any of us if she tried. But from what I've seen.... it's the accidents we have to watch out for." Dimble shared a small chuckle with himself, as he moved towards the ladder. "See, Ariel? Told you we didn't need everybody. I'll meet you down there. And as much as I appreciated the sudden lift up here, I will have you note for the future that I do, indeed, have my own legs." He lifted a leg, shaking it a little as if to bring attention to it before grabbing ahold of the ladder. "As such, I prefer to use them. Meet you down there."

Not bothering with the individual rungs of the ladder, Dimble simply held the outsides of it, sliding down through the cold air. His jesting manner slipped a little bit as he mumbled to himself. "Friggen'... just because I'm short doesn't mean I can't get to where I want to..."

Dimble folded his arms once he had landed, protecting himself from the cold as he hurried inside. He decided first to find Felucca, wherever the brat was, and ask what was going on. However, a loud voice travelled through the underground halls just enough to reach the gnome.

"...Come to the reading room, everyone's going to be here..."

Well, that answered that question. Dimble hurried on through the halls, quickly sliding through the doors to the reading room. Upon finding the smallest unnocupied chair, he took it, leaning back as far as he could.
_________________
This is my old account, which I'm switching back to. I was Its_Chris_The_Dude.

I was dubbed Chan by Asa, just 'cause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sunshine



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 592
Location: Up in the Clouds

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The excitement of having a visitor from the Haven guard was enough that Ariel's sunny smile didn't waver even one iota, despite Dimble's disparaging remarks about Felucca- someone she considered a friend. She'd learned not to expect courtesy from the dwarf, so his remarks to her were allowed to simply breeze right over her head.

She stepped off the landing, floating effortlessly down as Dimble struggled with the ladder. "Yes, it is simply Felucca. And she wished to speak to all of us at the same time. Now we won't have to wait as long while everyone else is notified." She spoke brightly as she passed him on the way down, that smile of hers still serenely in place on her pale blue features. "See you in the library, Dimble!" A cheery wave, and then she turned and flew down the rest of the distance, returning to the kitchen to get that mug of something warm for Felucca, along with one of the last few pieces of pie. Foodstuffs in hand, she then headed towards the library.
_________________
I do commissions!
Interested? Let me know! :D

My deviantART page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 5304'N 853'E

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilith was sweating from head to toe.

Her solution to coping with the boredom of the cold winter months in the tundra was a rigorous work-out scheme that kapt her body warm and her mind sharp. Over the past weeks she had developed a number of new moves (which probably already existed in some form of Martial Arts somewhere in the galaxy, but were new for her) and trained them until they had become instinctive like a second nature.

Presently, her concentration was disturbed by the noise of multiple voices echoing along the hallways of the Bunker. With a small sigh, she stood up straight, bowed her head towards the caligraphic banner mounted on the rear wall of the room and went to where she had deposited her gear.

After rubbing most of the sweat out of her fur and putting on a new set of clothes, she went for the door in search for the source of the commotion. She turned the corner of the corridor just in time to see the pink Gargoyle-creature drop down the Bunker's main entrance. She instinctively assumed a fighting stance, but relaxed immediately as she recognized the "intruder".

"Oh - her!"

Lilith had met the dragon-girl once or twice during her time in the Haven, but she didn't remeber her name. What she did remember was that she had been known as somethiong of a troublemaker, though...

"If you could all meet up in the library, I'd be much obliged. And could somebody get me a mug of something warm?"

Most of the present members of the Sapphire Guard followed the Gargoyle towards the library. Lilith decided to take a little setour, though, and followed Ariel into the kitchen. Something warm actually sounded like a good idea right now. Out in the corridor with her fur still damp from her work-out, she could feel the cold creeping up on her.

Seeing how Ariel took away the last pieces of pie, Lilith picked up one of the bolws instead and filled it to the brim with the warm soup from the big kettle. This wasn't a delicious meal by far, but it warm and plenty - just what she needed right now.

Holding the bowl of soup in one hand and a wooded spoon in the other, Lilith stepped back out of the kitchen. In the corridor, she found Samson standing in front of her room.

"Oh, hi Samson! Were you looking for me?"
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.


Last edited by JackAce on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the others got carried away by the excitement of an impending arrival - or so it seemed to her - Tethys sighed, and had been about to follow at a distance when Felucca touched down.

"If you could all meet up in the library, I'd be much obliged. And could somebody get me a mug of something warm?" she heard her saying.

'Probably about something that needs doing. Work, work, work, work, work... Oh joy. Well, at least we'll get out of the Bunker for a while. Cabin fever was starting to settle in," Tethys thought to herself, before turning on her heel and heading towards the library - the others would get there soon enough.

She was fairly sure it was Ruthven whom she could hear having a burst of giddy excitement as she approached the library doors.

"Something's going on! Come to the reading room, everyone's going to be here in a minute!"

Tethys chuckled to herself and wandered through the library, making a beeline for the reading room - assuming that was where they'd be gathering for this briefing.

"And to think I wondered what happened to the sugar cubes," she said as an aside to Chet as she passed the lizardman by.

Reaching the reading room, she nodded to those already gathered there. Normally she wasn't one for idle talk, but Tethys didn't really feel comfortable just sitting in silence for some reason today.

"Hullo boys - got any clues as to what this is all about?" she offered Ruthven and Dimble, trying to be cordial.
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tamir



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1629
Location: Israel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, it could be a mission, or maybe we're needed at the Haven, or something like that," said Ruthven. Too energized by excitement to sit, he was pacing around. "Maybe someone's hurt and they need my help! D'you think that's what it is? Do you think there's trouble, Teth?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1081
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chet was surprised as the little vampire ran into his leg full force, then ran off. Somewhat bemused, (yet also wincing somewhat, rubbing his leg,) Chet went back to his book, intending to read the rest of the paragraph when Tethys came up to him.

"AH! Um, yes, I suppose so," Chet stammered, immediately hiding the book behind his back. "Let's go, then," he said quickly, shoving the book back on the shelf and taking long strides to the reading room, staying ahead of Tethys, but not rudely so.

"Not a clue," he said when Tethys asked the question. "All I know is what Runt here was yammering while running through the halls like he was on fire." He smiled and tousled the kid's hair.
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kassandra shivered hanging towards the back of the group as a breath of frigid air followed Felucca into the Bunker. It might be colder inside but the air was relatively still, she hurried to set the door closed before setting off towards the library.
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, it could be a mission, or maybe we're needed at the Haven, or something like that," said Ruthven. "Maybe someone's hurt and they need my help! D'you think that's what it is? Do you think there's trouble, Teth?"

"Not a clue," Chet said. "All I know is what Runt here was yammering while running through the halls like he was on fire."

'Teth? My name's only got two syllables, why does the kid want to go and make it shorter?' Tethys wondered to herself. Maybe it was that whole "nickname" thing that some of the others were so keen on.

She leant forwards onto the table, and crossed her arms.

"Honestly, I don't know Ruthven. I think there's something up, otherwise Earthsong or the marshal wouldn't have sent Felucca to us, but if you were needed urgently for your talents, I think she would have said so when she landed. More likely something planned is afoot methinks, but we won't know details till Felucca tells us," Tethys replied calmly.

"As for trouble, well trouble is our nearest tribe - I don't see it moving away in the immediate future," she quipped. "First time in a while that I've seen you looking forward to a combat prospect though, Ruthven."
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sunshine



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 592
Location: Up in the Clouds

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel reached the reading room only a few moments after Tethys, mug of tea in one hand and a still-warm slice of rhubarb pie in the other, both of which were offered over to the big purple dragoness with a sympathetic smile. "Here, I thought you might like something to eat as well."

Once she'd fulfilled her duties as the Good Hostess she breezed over to one of the empty chairs, her smile returning as she caught the tail end of Ruthven's excitement. "We'll know as soon as the others are here as well." Ariel chuckled lightly, then turned and gave a nod to Chet in greeting.
_________________
I do commissions!
Interested? Let me know! :D

My deviantART page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tinalles
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1630
Location: Grand Forks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ailurin slipped quietly into the room, having spent a few minutes up in the lookout engaged in some composure grooming. He nodded to the room generally, and then leaped lithely atop one of the bookshelves. There he settled back on his haunches with his tail wrapped lightly around the edge of the shelf behind him for stability.

Absently, he began grooming again, combing his fingers through his fur, first against the grain, then with it. Like most of his kind, Ailurin had a tendency to groom himself when excited or worried. It being nearly spring, he was shedding, and it felt so good to loosen the over-tight clumps of fur!

Of course, the inevitable side effects had led to confrontations with at least one of the other sapphirians, unhappy about having a thin layer of Eveo fur spread over everything. Ailurin actually sympathized with that viewpoint, being pathologically neat himself. Back on Dauben it wasn't an issue, but here it was, and so as soon as he noticed he was grooming he consciously made himself stop. To keep his hands busy he got a ball of string from a basket placed nearby for just such occasions, and settled to playing the game Nanashi called "Cat's Cradle" while waiting for the meeting to begin.
_________________
Keeper of The Remnant Minuon (cognomen Lucy, the Eaten One) and the Emissary Caeli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YatesOfYore
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 889

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felucca had already curled herself up on a chair in the corner... the only comfy chair to boot. Her large wings were wrapped around her and parted only as much as necessary to allow her to eagerly snatch up the mug from Ariel and put the pie aside. A sip was followed by a sputter and then a mumble about cocoa - the tea and the pie traded places.

Once the pie was fully engulfed and the tea given the honour of at least warming Felucca's hands, she turned to those already assembled.

"So... where are the rest of you?"
_________________
Keeper of Nanashi's Vambraces and the Amethyst Trees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samson turned his head to face Lilith as she rounded the corner. Blinking a few times, he couldn't help but smile. Of course, of course. She was probably off doing something, not cooped up in her room. Good that she found me, then.

"Felucca is visiting, everyone is assembling in our reading hall," he rumbled as softly as he could.

He swept one large arm toward the hallway leading to the reading room, before moving toward it himself. His steps were calm and slow, which would still be about right for Lilith's walking pace, after height differences.

"Join me?"
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagger seemed to materialize behind Lilith as Samson looked back, a somewhat disconcerting side effect of the goblin's sound-dampening.

"Sa Lily, Rocky." he turned to Lilith. "I stopped by the dojo a minute 'r two ago, but you where uh... busy, so I checked t'see if ev'rybody else'd heard. They're all waiting already; I think we're the only ones left."

His sensive ears twitched. "Nope, never mind, there's somebody down the hall; kaza


OOC- "Sa" is goblin chat-slang, basically " 'sup" or "hey," and "kaza" is "BRB."
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert


Last edited by theBSDude on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group