FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

An Interesting Book
Goto page Previous  1, 2

What are your thoughts on Global Warming?
Yes, industrialization is damaging the environment more every year!
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
No, the current climate trends are comparable to previous trends!
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
I could use some more information on Global Warming before I can say for sure.
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

Tamir

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to mention that I've been lucky enough to listen to a lecture by (and talk to) a physicist who's researching the climate change, and he pretty much convinced me that it's not caused by humans. But as others said, the cause of the climate change shouldn't affect our course of action.
daydreamer_girl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There can definitly be consensus that our earth is changing, right?

I do worry about how heat and polution coming from cars and lights, running out of natural resources like oil and trees, and waste from appliances (where do old cars, computers and fridges go?) affect our earth. And also animals dying from our landfills, cutting trees and whatnot until many are in danger of becoming extinct. Maybe we are not affecting global warming, who know for sure, but we are definitely affecting our enviroment.

Man, I wish we lived with the traditional values of native americans "take what you need". The way they lived, they let the earth replenish itself before taking more for themselves. They didn't waste, and only took what was needed for themselves and their family.

dubbed "Emma" by Asa
sunshine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of whether or not the threat of global warming is real, exaggerated, or complete bunk, I for one am thrilled with the kind of environmental awareness that has resulted from all the attention and hype that's been flying around over the issue.

Being ecologically responsible is becoming a HUGE trend and well... I really can't see how that's a bad thing. The issue has created public demand for environmentally safe solutions to things like energy sources, waste disposal, and food production.

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daydreamer_girl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshine wrote:
Regardless of whether or not the threat of global warming is real, exaggerated, or complete bunk, I for one am thrilled with the kind of environmental awareness that has resulted from all the attention and hype that's been flying around over the issue.

Being ecologically responsible is becoming a HUGE trend and well... I really can't see how that's a bad thing. The issue has created public demand for environmentally safe solutions to things like energy sources, waste disposal, and food production.
Things that have come after the fact. Sadly, it seems like we only act almost after the fact in order to lessen the damage already cause. Prevention is the key to anything!

Not saying I don't appreciate the green efforts though. That I am happy about.

dubbed "Emma" by Asa
sunshine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindsight is 20/20, and at least the trends are now taking us in a good direction

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: