FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Earthsong: The Sapphire Guard - OOC
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
YatesOfYore
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 885

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Earthsong: The Sapphire Guard - OOC Reply with quote

Thus it begins! I think I've done this correctly - just given you a wee bit of something to react to and establish your character's tone,etc before we get to the real meat of the story, yes?

XD
_________________
Keeper of Nanashi's Vambraces and the Amethyst Trees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Resident Fool



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG YES YES YES IM SO FREAKING EXCITED! ;DDDD

I totally call first post. >_> As soon as I can re-check the map, make sure I know exactly what's what, make sure everything's perfect...



...Nevermind, I probably won't be first at that rate. o.O BUT I SWEAR IM WORKING ON IT!

((I apologize for my hyperness. I'm drinking energy drinks right now. Hey, hyperness happens, right?))
_________________
This is my old account, which I'm switching back to. I was Its_Chris_The_Dude.

I was dubbed Chan by Asa, just 'cause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Resident Fool



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to learn not to write when I'm so hyped up on caffiene. I start to ramble, and my posts turn out to be much longer than I originally intended.
_________________
This is my old account, which I'm switching back to. I was Its_Chris_The_Dude.

I was dubbed Chan by Asa, just 'cause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tinalles
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1630
Location: Grand Forks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err, hold on -- are we outside or inside? I got the impression from Lady's post that we're starting out inside the caves at Sapphire HQ, and Ailurin has spotted someone through the abdite ceiling. But RF's post has us outside traipsing through the mud to intercept the mysterious figure...
_________________
Keeper of The Remnant Minuon (cognomen Lucy, the Eaten One) and the Emissary Caeli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Resident Fool



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My post was just Dimble leaving, because he decided to get a head start and leave early. All the others are just illusions to scare off any of the mandragoras.
_________________
This is my old account, which I'm switching back to. I was Its_Chris_The_Dude.

I was dubbed Chan by Asa, just 'cause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tinalles
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1630
Location: Grand Forks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the illusion part, but why go out to meet the mysterious flying figure when we don't know whether he/she/it/they is/are friend or foe?
_________________
Keeper of The Remnant Minuon (cognomen Lucy, the Eaten One) and the Emissary Caeli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Resident Fool



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um. Because.... I didn't think of that? >_>

Shows what I get for writing at night when drinking mass amounts of caffiene-filled goodness.
_________________
This is my old account, which I'm switching back to. I was Its_Chris_The_Dude.

I was dubbed Chan by Asa, just 'cause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tinalles
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1630
Location: Grand Forks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now we know that Dimble is impulsive. ^_^

Let's see about this. The first rule of improv is "roll with it."
_________________
Keeper of The Remnant Minuon (cognomen Lucy, the Eaten One) and the Emissary Caeli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Resident Fool



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I can go with that. XD Impulsive, but he THINKS that everything he does is part of some cunning master plan... MUAHAHA!!!...


I'll shut up now. I should really stop drinking mountain dew.


...

>_>

...

*chug chug chug*
_________________
This is my old account, which I'm switching back to. I was Its_Chris_The_Dude.

I was dubbed Chan by Asa, just 'cause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tinalles
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1630
Location: Grand Forks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There we go. I've suggested a solution. It'll require making up a tundra-living animal large enough to be mistaken for members of the Sapphire Guard from a distance.

Which, since Dimble's illusion apparently had all the members of the guard represented, probably means an animal that comes in quite a range of sizes, from 3'5" tall (Ailurin) up to 10' 7" tall and built like a brick wall (Samson).
_________________
Keeper of The Remnant Minuon (cognomen Lucy, the Eaten One) and the Emissary Caeli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Resident Fool



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Dimble thinks that he's the only one who can come up with competent plans since he's an arrogant jerk. ;P He's done his own plan.
_________________
This is my old account, which I'm switching back to. I was Its_Chris_The_Dude.

I was dubbed Chan by Asa, just 'cause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tinalles
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1630
Location: Grand Forks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD

So we've got an incoming flying NPC of unknown allegiance who has seen a bunch of dots far away on the plain and veered towards them to investigate. And then the dots suddenly disappear leaving nothing but plain ground visible.

...

I see these possibilities:

1) The incoming NPC is hostile, and is now highly suspicious.

2) The incoming NPC is friendly, and is going to taunt us mercilessly upon arrival.

3) The NPC is a newly arrived child who is fleeing pursuit by the Mandragora and/or the Havenites, in which case we might be in for a battle or a stern reprimand.
_________________
Keeper of The Remnant Minuon (cognomen Lucy, the Eaten One) and the Emissary Caeli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Resident Fool



Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love Dimble being "smart", huh? ;D
_________________
This is my old account, which I'm switching back to. I was Its_Chris_The_Dude.

I was dubbed Chan by Asa, just 'cause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tinalles
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1630
Location: Grand Forks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can already tell that Dimble and Ailurin are going to be the very best of pals.

Have I mentioned it takes a really, really long time for an eveo to clean mud of its fur? And like most eveo, Ailurin's pathologically tidy.
_________________
Keeper of The Remnant Minuon (cognomen Lucy, the Eaten One) and the Emissary Caeli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um guys, I don't want to step on any toes but...

It's a matter of ettiquette here, though I can't remember if we point out specifically in the rules, that you don't write other people's actions for them. This does include dialogue and NPCs. Tin, you'll want to revise your posts because you've ninja'd dialogues and some actions for Resident Fool. We need to wait on the GM i.e. the Lady giving us all more information on the approaching figure, beyond the fact that Auirilin has seen it.

Let the others decide where and how to introduce themselves. I know we're all really eager to get into things, but you've basically ninja'd the rest of the group out of an intro. Others are going to have a difficult time posting til the posts have been edited. Once that's done, the rest of us can join in the fun. Wink
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group