FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

HEROES: villains ((WARNING: Unhidden Season 3 Spoilers!!!))
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Maeniel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: HEROES: villains ((WARNING: Unhidden Season 3 Spoilers!!!)) Reply with quote

So what are your thoughts on third season? (Or second or first, for that matter.)

I'm personally a fan of the current wondertwins Elle and Claire. If only Elle hadn't run in. Sad I don't like the direction Mohinder's gone, and I'm sad to see Maya leave...but yay for Daphne and Matt! Very Happy We'll see how this plays out.

Last edited by Maeniel on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only ever saw the first four episodes of the first season. I've been meaning to fix that . . . Everyone I know loves it. =]
sunshine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't spoil it! I've only seen the first season, and I have to wait until my fiance gets back from Colorado before I can watch the other two -pout-

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Maeniel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put third season spoilers in the thread title, then. Smile
sunshine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As in you'll put those exact words, or you'll give away spoilers in the title so I can't avoid not looking at them?

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Maeniel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As in THE WORLD EXPLODES!!!!

Just kidding.

Or am I?

The problem with this show is that it might actually happen.
sunshine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're evil... o.0

and you've also not replied to my PM about Treasure Hunters -pouts-

back on topic however, yea I could see that sort of destruction any day now motif running rampant through this show. That might be part of why I like it so much Razz That and Hiro Nakamura

My deviantART page

devilman2045

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that I don't get is that if Petrelli had stolen Kenshi's powers (note I used Kensi's, and powers, as not to give away anything to those who haven't seen it), then why is he still an old dude?
Maeniel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshine wrote:
You're evil... o.0

and you've also not replied to my PM about Treasure Hunters -pouts-

Sorry! Just replied. I almost ALWAYS read my PMs right away, but I'll forget to mark them unread if I don't have time to immediately respond. It takes a poke every now and then sometimes. ^^;

As far as spoilers go, it's okay to say them; assume that info in this thread will be have up-to-date information that was released in the weekly TV show. Stuff that the director says, graphic novels that reveal information, etc, should probably go in spoiler color.

As far as Adam's powers go, I think that Papa Petrelli is probably stuck as old man; there's nothing *technically* wrong with him right now, but his cells will continue to regenerate and keep him as he is.
PurpleCactusPlant

Location: 2010 Olympics (Please enjoy them, b/c I am paying for them).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never want to be the therapist who has to do a family mediation session with the Petrellis.

Also between blonde 1 and blonde 2, I would like to know whose brilliant idea it was to put a completely unstable electric girl on a plane.

That puppetmaster villain was the coolest thing they've had all season - he would make an incredibly awesome, family-drama, and corporation-conspiracy free villain for everyone to go up against. He needs to come back in my opinion.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Daddy Sylar back. :O!!!
Virturealm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reasons Virt has never watched an episode of Heroes:

1) I tend to make a point of not watching that doesn't know where and how it's ending before it starts. This usually applies to certain animes, that look like they might be entertaining, but have been running nonstop for the last five years and are stupidly large. but it also applies to stuff like this where the writers are forced to just wing it, because the execs can come in at any time and say "Hay writers, people say that Actor X is quote "really hot" so starting today he's a main character"

2) With a subject matter like this, there's really no reason for it to be live action. Heroics are usually expensive. Heat vision is neat, but it doesn't do much if they can only use it on camera once per season. And once you reach a certain level of fantasy, such things just look better when drawn. More stylish. What are the benefits of live action? Insert hot no-name actors and actresses, the only way to get anyone to watch this sort of story in this culture.

Not really dissing heroes, just expressing doubts. As said, I haven't caught any of this show. If this sounds really stupid to someone who IS a fan, say so. I'm usually a MASSIVE fan of the superhero genre. >_>
__|..|..|__|
electricpanda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are awfully cynical points. Nonetheless, one of the most annoying thing about Heroes is that EVERYONE is so good looking.

I like it because it's just like a soap but with superpowers.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'd ever really call Matt Parkman "hot"... Nor those old people or that puppet guy.

And maybe the hero gene in found on the incredibly gorgeous gene. Except in some special cases. THOSE are mutations. Smile

I see your point, Virt, but I agree with panda in that it's fairly cynical. Plus, I think it's pretty cool to see "real" superpowers; it's easier to relate to than a cartoon.
Tamir

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Arthur and Angela make a great couple, don't you? Crazy megalomaniacal people trying to control everyone and everything.

PCP wrote:
Also between blonde 1 and blonde 2, I would like to know whose brilliant idea it was to put a completely unstable electric girl on a plane.

I was thinking the same thing. Couldn't they take a greyhound or something? o_0 Who paid for their tickets, anyway?

Virt - I disagree with point 2. The effects are so good nowadays that their heroics look amazing on screen. And they use their awesome CG abilities several times an episode, not once a season.
Point 1 is a serious problem with many shows, including Heroes. Most of the things I dislike about the show stem from the writers just messing around instead of making a concrete plot from the beginning.

Anyhow, for me, the best part of Heroes is Sylar. I never get tired of watching him, whether he's a headcutter, a father, a company man or whatever else. ^_^

And and and that twist with Daphne made me sad. Sad I'm a hopeless romantic like Matt. I was so proud of him for not controlling her into putting the gun down. Here's hoping she told him about the call and is messing with them rather than with him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: