FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Facebook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Facebook's ONLY for those people I've met face to face. If I've not met them, I don't know them, and I don't friend them. Except Tam-tam doesn't have facebook...

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it Tinu.... Smile
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty selective about my Facebook, I only add people who I've either met or trust implicitly anyhow. That doesn't leave a lot of room for random people, really... although my MySpace is worse. I actually keep some semblance of a personal journal there, so only a very select group of friends have access to my MySpace.

We don't we create a Facebook group for Earthsong, though? Private profiles would only show up with the person's name and picture. You'd still have to request to be their friend. Though I can see how this would still be somewhat crazy, and would very likely bombard The Lady with friend requests.

Okay, well, I guess I don't have a solution then. ^^;

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenshi wrote:
I'm pretty selective about my Facebook, I only add people who I've either met or trust implicitly anyhow. That doesn't leave a lot of room for random people, really... although my MySpace is worse. I actually keep some semblance of a personal journal there, so only a very select group of friends have access to my MySpace.

We don't we create a Facebook group for Earthsong, though? Private profiles would only show up with the person's name and picture. You'd still have to request to be their friend. Though I can see how this would still be somewhat crazy, and would very likely bombard The Lady with friend requests.

Okay, well, I guess I don't have a solution then. ^^;

See, thats the thing though. If the lady were to create a seperate account, no one would ever know of the personal account she uses now. That and we can set the ES page to private, and then require a CAPTCHA for anyone requesting to be friends.

I don't know why this wouldn't work, especially if I ran it, and the Lady had nothing to do with it except visit it every once in a while.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, again I like the idea, but we're running into a problem already. If our goal is to get some free advertising for Earthsong via on-line blogging/network sites, and we set the ES page to private, then we're not doing a whole lot of advertising. We're just making a little group that nobody can access unless they're on the forums. Since we already have a forum for that, though, it's a self-defeating plan.

I would support you, totally, but I think the forumites value their privacy.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds good, but I have to agree with Tenshi. However, if you pull it off I'm totally there. =]
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to keep shutting you down here, Devilman, but when it comes down to it, nobody runs anything "officially" Earthsong but ME. I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to that sort of thing, and well... I think I'm entitled to be.

So I thank you again for your enthusiasm, but I think the forum as a whole doesn't want to have their facebook profiles opened up by a Facebook group like this. And I've already tried setting up another fake account - they won't let me, and I'm kewl with that.
Dark Mirf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To create a "fake" account, you need to have a different e-mail account than the one you're using for your original facebook account. They wont allow you to create several accounts using same e-mail.

I joined an Earthsong fangroup on facebook using my alias. I wont mind joining anything, but I'll be using my alias. Razz

EDIT: Apprently this wasnt the only thread about Facebook. For people who are worried about strangers reading informations on their profile. There's options to set the account on Private so all non-friends will see is the icon picture, name, and list of friends (and depending on if you added it, school and general location). It wont stop them from trying to friend ya, but they cant get more informations.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyYates wrote:
... but when it comes down to it, nobody runs anything "officially" Earthsong but ME....

This will probably irritate a lot of people when I say this, but there are moderators who help run your forum...

I guess thats aside the point though.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're nitpicking, devilman. The moderators don't run the forum. Think of it like a garden: You have the head gardener who is in charge and who can make decisions about what plants stay or go, what plants come in and what plants aren't going to be kept anymore (spam bots, anyone?). Then, you have the head gardener's assistants, who go around pruning flowers and watering them where neccesary. None of the gardener's assistants "run" the garden, but they do work there.

Same as with any job site if you think about it..

Red Skelton
Namrorrim

Location: a small country on the sunny shores of the Eastern Mediterranean.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenshi left out the People who walk through the garden Razz Of course they don't have any importance here, but all in all the gardening is Partly done for us >_>

Dubbed 'CATMAN' by Asa [Lots of cats + Man (From name) = Dub*]
PurpleCactusPlant

Location: 2010 Olympics (Please enjoy them, b/c I am paying for them).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a garden isn't the best analogy to use - every plant that's been entrusted to my care somehow winds up dead.
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or purple.

*rimshot*
devilman2045

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook Reply with quote

Violabelle wrote:
Lady, I think you need a Facebook fan listing for Earthsong. What do you think?

Wait, we suggested a myspace before, and have been turned down,... then a facebook page, and been told no.... but now there's a link to one on the front page? What changed?
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current Facebook page is a group or a fan page and isn't really connected to the Lady's real identity in any way, as it can be updated "anonymously". This way, those who feel comfortable "liking" the page, can do so, and those who aren't just don't.

At least, I would guess that's why there's one now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: