FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Myspace

Do you like the idea of having a MySpace page for ES?
Yes!
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
No!
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

devilman2045

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Myspace Reply with quote

I was thinking, why don't we create a MySpace page for ES? It would be a great way for us all to add ES as a MySpace friend (thus advertising to our friends), and a great way to advertise to other people.

If you all are interested, I'd be interested in heading up the project and maintaining the page. What do you all think about this idea?
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, there was a facebook thread, and the majority decided that they didn't particularly want people on the forum having access to their information and their friend's information. I could be misremembering though.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinu. wrote:
If I remember correctly, there was a facebook thread, and the majority decided that they didn't particularly want people on the forum having access to their information and their friend's information. I could be misremembering though.

I guess I don't have any ideas as to how Lady could advertise for free to millions of people other than that. I really didn't think of it the way you put it Tinu,.... I just figured it would be a way to get it out there.

EDIT 1: I can't seem to come up with any other free ideas for ES to be advertised. Sorry for wasting band width and board space.

EDIT 2: I found it Tinu, it's on top of the board now. Thanks.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have a strong opinion either way on ES having a MySpace or a Facebook. To be honest, if the Lady wants to do that then she's more than welcome to. Personally, I'm a bit antisocial when it comes to on-line stuff like those. Both my MySpace and Facebook are set to friend-only (or Private) and I keep a fairly limited group of people with access to my thoughts.

You're not wasting bandwidth or board space, devilman. You're making an effort to help, and you're trying to come up with ideas that you think will work to bring in more advertising revenue for The Lady without any startup capital. Your efforts are commendable, and I really appreciate that not only you want to help but that you're trying to help as well.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenshi wrote:
I don't really have a strong opinion either way on ES having a MySpace or a Facebook. To be honest, if the Lady wants to do that then she's more than welcome to. Personally, I'm a bit antisocial when it comes to on-line stuff like those. Both my MySpace and Facebook are set to friend-only (or Private) and I keep a fairly limited group of people with access to my thoughts.

You're not wasting bandwidth or board space, devilman. You're making an effort to help, and you're trying to come up with ideas that you think will work to bring in more advertising revenue for The Lady without any startup capital. Your efforts are commendable, and I really appreciate that not only you want to help but that you're trying to help as well.

Well thank you for saying that. Sometimes is seems like people are shooting down the idea just because they can rather than listenting to it.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Devilman: I don't think anyone is shooting down your ideas just because they can. From what I can tell, people have offered reasons when they've said they dislike the idea. For some, it's privacy. For others, it's respecting The Lady's personal wishes from before. While it's true that her stance may have changed, a lot of people (myself included) would prefer to honor her previous views.

It's not that anyone is shooting down your ideas just to be cruel or anything, I think that everyone here has listened and responded to your ideas in a very intelligent manner. Mostly, I think, is just that these ideas have come up before (which you have no way of knowing), and they've been put to rest already. Don't get disheartened, though. There are ways to help, and that can start by linking back to Earthsong via banner ads.

Alternately, you could print out fliers with some information and a link, and post them up on public bulletin boards around campuses. You could also purchase a few copies of Earthsong Vol I and spread them around to reading circles or manga clubs.

I guess what I'm saying is, there are lots of options out there. The free options have been discussed already though, and for various reasons put to rest. Making a difference is never easy, and usually it stars with a personal commitment and some sacrifice of time.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilman2045 wrote:
Tenshi wrote:

Well thank you for saying that. Sometimes is seems like people are shooting down the idea just because they can rather than listenting to it.

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to give that impression. I was really just wanting to let you know what had been said previously. It is a good idea, really. =]

I'm not as eloquent as tenshi, but, friends?
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If teh lady wants to do it, then she has every right, but she's the only one who can, really. I could go for an ES facebook though - making a group is all very well, but an official page would be nicer.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thespaceinvader wrote:
If teh lady wants to do it, then she has every right, but she's the only one who can, really. I could go for an ES facebook though - making a group is all very well, but an official page would be nicer.

Something else I didn't think to mention is that you can hide the friends you have on myspace by using certain HTML and CSS coding. I've never tried it myself. The basic idea is that no one would be able to see who your friends were.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: