FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Dreams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really wierd, I have 'Tomorrow!' stuck in my head.

I never remember my dreams, though I sometimes wake up with a vague recolection of a shop, or something...
Tinu.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this dream no that long ago that I was stuck on this staircase/path thing, and I was walking for a very long time. I finally figured out that it never ended, and I was going to try to get off by going down a random off shoot I saw, when this boy appeared and told me not to go that way. I followed him for a bit, and eventually we made out way off of it. But I knew if he hadn't shown up, I would still be climbing.
Fenomena

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you mostly yourself, someone different or an observer in your dreams? Or something entirely different?

This thread is interesting o_o

Keeper of K'Thonya's feet <3

*If I recall that right. Which is highly questionable.
Tamir

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually switch constantly between an observer and a random character. o_0
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost always a character, very rarely am I a random observer.
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am usually a participant in the dream, but not always. It's not so unusual for me to have a dream where I'm simply an observer.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm usually me, but not entirely aware of it...does that make sense?

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Asenath83

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am usually myself, some alternate-universe version of myself (does this make sense? basically I am me then, with a slightly altered past) or an observer who merely watches the scene rather than someone who gets involved.

Keeper of Zaebos' glasses.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah...I just had the weirdest dream last night. I can't remember much of it, but it had a lot to do with my old summer camp, creepy clowns, huge fire-demon things, and some sadist with a wand. 0_o

Shocked >.>;; Eh? What're you lookin' at?

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
daydreamer_girl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the longest times I couldn't really remember my dreams, or they were either just boring and repetitive so it wasn't worth remembering anyway. But then my dreams became more vivid and real again and I remembered them in the day. But now it's going back to not remembering again.

I like my dreams! Don't take them away from me!

dubbed "Emma" by Asa
cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, that would make your username... odd!

The few time's I've remembered snatches of my dreams, I was always a participant.
Allicat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I studied sleep and dreaming as part of my A-level psychology, and there are certain figures more likely to appear in dreams. People you know, random public figures (policemen, doctors, etc.) But seldom completely random people whom you don't know. I just wanted to get some other opinions, because the dreams i remember mostly seem to center around people I don't know. Anyone else have this?

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my dreams involve people I don't know. Or, sometimes, people whom I know that I know, but who aren't identifiable people from my waking life.
Ruby Falls

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall that my dream had elements from Sweeney Todd, LOTR, and Harry Potter. I need to stop staying up late reading fan fictions.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost always the main character and a floating observer/narrator at the same time.

So a couple days ago I read a story called "It's a Good Life", by Jerome Bixby. It's SciFi, about this boy who has these intense mental powers, and somehow took his town out of the world. It's surrounded by 'nothingness', and everyone is terrified of him because you don't want to cross him if he hates you, and even if he likes you and wants to help you, he'll probably end up making your life infinitely worse (for example, there was this man who died, and when the boy - Anthony - saw his wife mourning, he brought the man back from the grave, because he liked her and wanted her to be happy).

Read the story, it's really good.

So after I read that I fell asleep, and dreamed up a sequel. Which happens some times.

I went up to Anthony and said, "You want to help people, right?" and he said "Yeah..." So I said, "Maybe next time someone needs help, you can ask how to help, or ask what you can do, rather than doing whatever you want." And he looked thoughtful as we walked down the sidewalk. Then we came across a man who had an accordion (it was like those music boxes on the street, with a monkey attached). It was broken. Anthony got this look in his eye, and I reminded him to ask the man. So he did, and crouched down, and fixed the broken wires, and the machine worked again. The problem was he wanted to help, but he didn't know how, so he guessed, and it never worked out. When he realized he could actually help, he got excited.

I can't remember if this was his fault or not, but just then half of a skyscraper collapsed. There were people inside and underneath, and Anthony got even more excited, and ran all the way to the building, with me running after him to remind him about his new way to help. As we got there, I saw the Prime Minister and the Ambassador from England, and I asked Anthony's father, "How did they get here?" Because in all the years the town had been separated, never had someone from the outside come in. Anthony's dad said, "They came through the nothingness." Everyone was shocked and wondering - could this mean the nothingness wasn't real after all? The PM and the Ambassador were just standing there watching.

Anthony wanted to go into the building, to pull it back up again, but I wouldn't let him go without me. I followed him into the lobby, which was mostly intact, and down the stairs. There were hurt and groaning people everywhere. Anthony told us to go into the elevator, which we did, and clung to each other, eyes closed. For a moment, nothing happened, then we felt the elevator descending, and when the doors opened we were in the lobby again. I was confused, as we'd been in the basement before. Then I heard cheering, and I saw light coming in through the windows, and I ran outside. Anthony had pulled the building back together! When he appeared I gave him a huge hug, and grinned at him ecstatically. He had done it all on his own, with no prompting from me! I was so proud. Then I heard muttering from the crowd, and motion as people started moving away toward the edges of the nothingness. Except... it wasn't there! There was a horizon with other buildings there, and trees and hills and fields. He'd returned the town to its proper place in the world. He'd realized that other people counted too. All I could do was hold him, I was so overcome.

That was basically the end of it. The other dream I had was about a were-kitten that turned into a dragon.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: