FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Bering RPG Chapter 1.5: Maiden Voyage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DSS Bering had been carving a path through space in tight maneuvers, cutting through it's own fading wake again and again to confuse the missiles that weren't being drawn away by countermeasures. Each pass drew more of the tiny rockets off, and gave the gunners atop Bering's hull more shots at the fighter that chased them.

Long trails of cooling plasma washed over the hull with each pass, whipping around like water vapor and creating small eddies behind the ship. Through these eddies, bright flashes of light gave away the ballistics fire from the gunnery positions atop the Bering. The flashes of light sent gases shooting out in all directions from the barrels, leaving trails of their own. Metal slugs flew through the thin air with the speed of asteroids, trailing the path of the fighter behind them.

Then there was a break. With a damaged wing, the fighter had been struggling just to try and fly straight. As it righted itself and prepared for another charge and volley of missiles, one of the gunners raked it's damaged wing with weapons fire of their own. Instantly, a dozen neatly formed holes punched into the alloy of the wing. The fighter twisted visibly, then it's engines seemed to lose all power as it spun under the kinetic energy of the projectiles.

Now there were only a handful of missiles to deal with, which also fell quickly to the same tricks that Gibbs had been using to avoid them thus far. One more barely missed the Bering's tail section, and one of the fusion engines voiced it's protest quite loudly. All things in working order well enough to finish the fight and get the Tacoma taken care of, the only thing left now was the Tacoma and her boarders.

"Nice shooting!" Captain Eisner cried as he watched the fighter roll away, dead in space. He had a great big grin, and both hands clung tightly to the terminal before him. "Mister Gibbs, let's see if we can get down to the Tacoma and clean out the rest of these rats."

-*-*-*-*-

Aboard the Tacoma, there was still a lot of activity. The attackers were scrambling every direction, some were simply fleeing while others were trying to loot the last bit they could. Doctor Berkham was still trying to load her charges into the life raft, and was almost finished in this task. She cast a pained, if somewhat more brave look in Mitch's direction.

"Go, do what you can to slow them down. Lord above knows, if they blow the ship up then the life raft is going to be a moot point anyway. I'll get these people to safety, and wait as long as I can..."

Pausing for a moment, she stood and brushed off her now-burgundy smock. She stepped over to Mitch, and handed him her last syringe of stimulants. "Here. You'll need this, maybe, more than I will. Now go kill the (GM Censor) who did this!"
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm...calm...calm....
Since the raid, by now a siege, had entered the second 12-hour day, Mitch spent every free moment in a meditative semi-trance. It was no replacement for real sleep- his normally quick mind was beginning to fail- but it had kept his body from exhaustion. He’d pay for this in headaches and strange vivid dreams if he ever did get to sleep, so the knowledge that he might not live long enough was actually a small bit of comfort.
Berkham’s voice pierced his sleep-like but dreamless fog. She pressed a cool glass cylinder into his palm.
Calm...calm...calm....
Mitch injected the stim into his arm without the slightest flinch of pain or discomfort. “Kill the ~feces sucking~ (GM Censor). Got it.”
Thomson at hand and several other guns strapped to his chest and belt, Mitch headed off for his best approximation of the pirate craft, attempting to cut a few off from the group. He maintained his focused calm, but allowed his heart rate to increase, pumping adrenaline through his veins. Thoughts of his family drifted into his mind, but he pushed them away, refusing to accept mortality.
Calm...calm...calm....
He could hear the pirates now; they were scared. Mitch couldn’t stop a smile. He raised the Thompson and gave the trigger a squeeze.
The crack of gun-blast filled the tight hall, a dull thudding in Mitch’s head.
Years of training kept him perfectly relaxed in the natural, primal rhythm of combat.
Calm...calm...calm....
....
You picked the wrong ship.

_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sir."

The manoeuvring had exhilarated Gibbs. He'd not felt its like in a long time, being that close to destruction. It shaded his voice slightly, but he would not let it show.

Instead, he continued towards the Tacoma, swinging the ship to bring their access hatch to bear.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Asa



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 3531
Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leah's stomach flipped over again as the ship continued to move. Her eyes were closed tight against the evasive maneuvers, and she decided it was good thing she had belted herself in, otherwise there would have been more than one embarrassing moment had any men walked in. (Not that they would have been able to, what with the twisting and turning, but still.)

As the ship stabilized and dropped toward the Tacoma, Leah went to the PA system and flipped it on - the infirmary had a ship-wide terminal, as well as the bridge - and called out, "Is everyone all right? I'll be making a run around to make sure."

No sooner said than done, Leah grabbed her portable bag and sprinted down the corridor, checking in rooms on the way to the stairwell. First down, then up, she dropped to the engine room first, then the bridge, and finally the gunnery turrets. The view up there was breath-taking, but she'd have to wait for another time to appreciate it. She'd dropped into her professional mindset, and nothing would distract her from doing her duty.


{{If you sustained any injury during the fight, now's the time to let me know, and we'll work it out in PM. Then I'll post our total interaction in one post to streamline things, and we can move on. Any questions? Ask in the OOC thread. Let's go people, we have a lot of catching up to do!}}
_________________
Self-styled Forum Grandmother, because I hand out nicknames and hugs whether you want them or not. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
__________________
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended...
Give me your hands if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Dr. Gregory raced through the Bering checking on it's crew to be sure no one had sustained anything more than a few bumps and bruises, Mister Gibbs slid the Bering into place next to the Tacoma's more damaged side with the grace of a fighter craft. Were the Bering a Linaut or Sreekaanse design, it likely would have latched onto the Tacoma automatically. Human technology not quite being as advanced, there were several things that needed to happen. Almost all of these things happened at the actual hatch between vessels, though the process began with Captain Eisner adjusting some of the dials and readouts on the terminal before him.

The Bering shifted, a slight jerk in it's gravity field before everything returned to normal. The Bering, Tacoma, and the unknown ship were all now bound together in one gravity field, which was mostly supplied by the unknown vessel (and actually quite gentle on Dr. Gregory's sensitivities). A slight rotation that originated at the Tacoma persisted, giving the stars in the viewscreen a gentle "slide" effect. For a moment, tranquility could easily have overcome the midst of their counter-invasion.

From the bridge, the hallway leading down, and very likely even the engine room, a noise was audible from the hatch.
Tap tap tap tap, tap, tap ta-tap tap tap, tap ta-tap ta-tap tap.
The noise repeated itself, a simple electronic signal that was being transmitted via local radio frequencies. Local radio frequencies could conceivably travel for many miles unhindered in space, but the originating of the signal was of special importance. There was a pattern...

Captain Eisner leaned back for a moment, gathering his thoughts. The pattern was something anyone with a military background would know, or anyone who had experience as a first officer. First and foremost, he needed his crew. Reaching for the PA system, he smiled as he realized he was issuing his first "assemble the crew" order. Not a small part of him tingled with excitement, despite the rising anxiety and panic that the situation lent him.

Attention everybody, this is Captain Eisner. I need everybody up to the hatch as soon as possible, we're going to need to get into the Tacoma and get the situation over there stable if we can!

Returning the PA mike to it's cradle, he tilted his head to the side as he listened to the taps repeating through the radio system. The more he thought about it, the more he recognized it. It HAD to be Morse Code.

"Mister Gibbs, is that signal what I think it is?" he asked, already stepping from his terminal.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Apologies for the double post, but I have a mental block with writing two separate PCs in the same post))

Damien nearly cheered when he saw the fighter start to spin out of control, leaking fuel everywhere. It's cockpit went dark and it's engine silent, only momentum and Johanna's bullets giving it any course at all. For all intents and purposes, the ship was salvage and the pilot was a prisoner.

"Now THAT was some fine shooting! I owe you drinks when we get planetside," he said into his headset with a suppressed laugh in his voice.

As the captain made his announcement, his mood instantly sobered. Sitting in an armored gunnery turret, firing metal slugs at a fighter that wanted to blow you into bits was certainly frightening and deadly. Opening the door into a ship infested with pirates or marauders or whatever they were, all likely with advanced weapons and armor?

This may well be suicide...

Then he heard it too. The tapping played mutely over his in-turret radio, on the emergency frequency. His eyes widened as he listened to the repeating message. One word, over and over again, set on a loop.

Somebody's in there, a human somebody. And that somebody needs help.

Ignoring his own mortality, he tugged the headset off and unstrapped himself from the gunnery chair. Locking the turret into place, he slid down the ladder with a resounding "SMACK" on the deck below. At first he drew the attention of anyone nearby, but he was already running down the stairs and to his cabin. He would need weapons, lots of weapons...

Entering his cabin, he tossed his duffel onto the bed and nearly ripped it open. Quickly removing the belt holster from the middle of the duffel, he ran the leather through the belt buckle and secured it tightly. Next he lifted the relatively ornate sidearm from it's case, and a few spare clips as well. Each of these had places in his belt, and each empty space in the belt was occupied. As he exited his cabin, he looked like he well could have been prepared for a small war. In fact, he was...

He took the steps two at a time, climbing quickly to the hatch and waiting for the rest of the crew to assemble.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieli, smiled as she patted the control panel, the engine had performed admirably during the manouvers. She could think of a few things to tweak but they could wait for smoother sailing.

Thieli tilted her head at the anouncement of the Captain, and let her fingers fly over the controls as he ordered them to boarding party status. She checked to make sure the engine would "carry on as if she were normal" while she was away. And then quickly left the engine room and headed to her quarters.

Thieli, dropped into her room and pulled open her tool kit, taking various tools and placing them into the holders of a strange flat of "cloth" that folded up into a strange small bag that she could sling across her back. Who knew what she'd run into with this new engine room so best take a wide variety of things.

After that was packed and attached, she pulled a strange long thin cylindrical "billy club" shaped object from her tool trunk. She gave a quick snap of her wrist and smiled a garish smile as a strange ripple acompanied by a slight whoosh sound passed down the shaft and it transformed into a blade. "Perfect" she muttered, to noone in particular. She snapped it again back into club form before attaching it to it's strange holster on her hip belt. Ready to go she headed out the door and towards the assembly hatch
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbs guided the ship gently in to kiss against the Tacoma's boarding portal.

"Persmission to go and collect my affairs for action, sir?" He asked.

((Assuming the captain said yes))

He left the bridge and descended swiftly to his cabin. he strapped on his deck knife in its sheath and picked up his heavy marlin spike, knotting it by its lanyard to his belt as well.

He wondered if they would be issued weapons as he hurried towards the airlock.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Eisner nodded at Gibbs' request. "Of course, meet at the airlock when you're ready."

Turning to leave himself and open up the weapons locker, he paused just before the Bridge's doorway with a grin. "And Mister Gibbs? Stop calling me sir."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-

As Captain Eisner watched the crew assemble near the airlock, he started working with the locked box nearby. The combination was complex, and probably anyone who didn't already know it wasn't going to figure out how to open it. Luckily, he did know it.

He clicked the final tumbler into place and let the lock swing freely to the side. Intricate metalworking was exposed from either half of the lock's internals, which seemed to draw the attention away from the craftsmanship of the weapons locker itself. Rubberized seals and thin plates of the same material the hull was made up of, there was no way this thing was being broken into.

Smiling to himself, he reviewed the weapons inventory. Several common handguns, a few revolvers, and even a Thompson or two hung from the racks of the weapons. There were also two sealed boxes, one on each half of the bottom shelf. Eisner wasn't entirely sure what they were or what they did, only that the Sreekaanse engineer who had installed them claimed they were very important.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Asa



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 3531
Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relieved to find everyone in admirable condition, Leah ran back to her room to collect a few things. A slim club decorated in silver chase-work, a tight snood to keep her hair in place, a quick change to sturdier boots, and she headed out the door to double check to infirmary. As she passed her trunk, she hesitated. Should she...? Yes. Leah didn't know what she would be faced with, and wanted to be prepared for anything. She knelt down beside the steamer trunk and dug through to the back, pulling out two small but heavy items. One was a tiny, pearl-handled gun with a two-inch barrel, and intended for pointblank range. This she dropped in her pocket. The other she carefully slipped into her medkit, buried at the bottom.

Thusly prepared, she joined the other crew members, waiting to board.
_________________
Self-styled Forum Grandmother, because I hand out nicknames and hugs whether you want them or not. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
__________________
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended...
Give me your hands if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eisner turned to watch the group assembling by the airlock. He would have smiled, but already thoughts of what was to come were running through his head. We have no idea what we're facing... he thought to himself, glancing through his crew. With a sharp exhalation through half-parted lips, he turned back to the weapon's locker. "Guns..."

Quickly gathering some weapons, he turned to face the crew again. Each hand held a M1911 by the barrel, holding the grip out to them. On one arm was strapped a Thompson SMG, dangling from his forearm.

"Here we go, if anyone is short on weapons there are some in the locker here."

Waiting until the weapons were taken and everyone was armed, he closed the weapons locker and slid it's latch and locking mechanism into place. With a spin of a three dials, he returned to the group his crew had formed. Now's the time to coach them, to lead them. You're the man, you're in charge! Impress them! His personal pep talk had him smiling, which was a good way to begin.

"Okay, pretty straightforward plan here. We're getting some kind of distress signal from the Tacoma, so there may be survivors. Our first goal is to establish a safe base of operations though. After we clear the hallway with the airlocks, Jarvy will lock the doors behind us to keep any of the pirates out. We need to secure the bridge and regain control of the ship, of course."

As he spoke, he kept his eyes moving from person to person. He would try to catch their eyes in turn as he explain the plan of action, try to keep their attention tuned on him. There are always butterflies... he thought to himself. Every mission, he felt the nervous dancing in his stomach. Each set of eyes brought back an application, an interview. He may not have known them personally, but they were as close to him as family. They were his crew, after all.

"Thieli, I want you to head down to Engineering once we have control. If it's well guarded, don't put yourself in danger. We're going to need to see if we can get the Tacoma moving in case she has to fight. There's still one ship to contend with, even if it is docked fifty feet away."

"Everyone ready? Any questions?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Thebes: For reference, Medical and Engineering are at opposite ends of the hallway)

Aboard the Tacoma, Mitch was preparing his own assault. Firing off a quick burst of submachine gun fire, there was a louder commotion from above the stairs. None of the pirates seemed to be returning fire, but there was activity now in both Engineering and the top of the flight of stairs. From the glimpses of light and shadow Mitch could catch, the Pirates above were taking position behind any objects they could. They were preparing for some sort of assault.

Then there was a huge "THUNK", and the entire ship shook as if it had been struck. Steam pumped through the pipes near Mitch's head, dripping warm water onto the already soaked floor. Either one ship had taken off, or...another had just docked.

((And, in the words of a GM I adored playing under... "Your move."))
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why aren't they shooting back?

Mitch struggled to think of a reason.

THUNK

Mitch's head bumped the wall as he jerked away from the steam that had nearly scalded him. Another ship. Either an ally or enemy of the pirates.

If it were an ally, the pirates would at least be returning fire. Conserving fire, most likely. An enemy then. Hopefully, that meant help for the Tacoma, but even if it was just a rival band, the rest of the Tacoma's crew should be able to escape.
That realisation came as a huge relief.
He'd done his job. A few more minutes for good measure, then it'd be just him. No one else to worry about. Just him.
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieli shook her head at the offered gun and spoke matter-of-factly, "Thank you Captain but I brought my own weapons, to my people 'guns' are the cowards way."

Thieli waited and listened as the Captain issued his orders, and nodded as he spoke directly to her focusing both her eyes on him for a second as an acknowledgment before letting one wander about and notice the placement of the rest of the crew. "Not to worry Captain, I'm well equipped to handle both situations." As she spoke she patted the strange 'stick' at her side and the bizarre compact pack on her back. Her roving eye continued it's circuit of the space only pausing briefly to make a more detailed scan of the ceiling to note where she could grasp with her tail to swing into action.
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((This marks the first post where separate groups ARE NOT SPLIT BY DIVIDERS! The entire RPG is now in the same scene, and as such the whole post is pertinent to everybody!))

Once everyone was armed from the Bering's weapons cache, Eisner took a few moments to secure the contents of the staging area. Moving to the airlock, his body pressed tightly against the right-hand wall just behind the lip of the circular doorway. Resting his hand on the panel, he gave a nod to the rest of the crew as they took up positions.

Eisner's hand sunk into the panel, which beeped a few times before acknowledging his command. A circular pattern in the center of the door with two bars through its middle split into two. Next, the large airlock door split into two half circles, and rotated away from the doorway to either side. Air began spilling from the Bering to the Tacoma, sucking the scrubber-fresh scent from Bering's halls.

A scene beyond depicted devastation. Crates, boxes, and hallway panels littered Tacoma's once-bright staging area. Emergency lighting cast a pale orange hue across the entire scene, with one of the emergency lights swaying side to side from the recent docking. As the light fixture swung wide, it exposed the entire berth of the staging area.

Within the light's pass were two figures. One was tall, lithe, and could have been considered absolutely gorgeous by any human standard. The taller form was leaning dangerously over a slightly shorter woman, who wore a much more standard version of the pirates' uniforms. She had plain brown hair, braided behind her, and tanned skin. From his height, the taller fellow had wrapped one hand delicately around the woman's neck. His other hand held a large caliber pistol, which was aimed menacingly at the bridge.

As the doors slid open, the man jerked his head to view the disturbance. Without a moment's hesitation, his hand slid down the woman's shoulder and arm to clasp around her wrist tightly. Nimble and delicate fingers showed surprising strength, as he issued a few words to the woman and then led her (quickly) away and toward the bridge.

Words floated back behind him, an echoing order left to the pirates.

"Kill them all. Leave nothing left."

The air from the Tacoma and the Bering began to equalize, and a small draft of stale air passed through the open doorway. There was the faint scent of blood, a heavy scent of sweat, and more than average carbon dioxide. Someone had shut down the oxygen scrubbers quite some time ago, though this may have been caused by the accident.

Thieli would notice the reverse flow of air before any of the others. As Tacoma's air flowed back onto the Bering, there would be an odor only her Sreekaanse sense could detect. There was a faint odor in the air, though so strongly attuned to her senses that it may as well have been a carpeted pathway along the floor. It reeked of familiarity, but in a wrong way. Something settled alongside her brood's scent, the scent of a traitor.

As the tall form drug his captive toward the bridge, pirates shot out from the corners. Two moved quickly across the hallway, ducking around the corner opposite the bridge and hiding. Neither of them had their weapons out yet, and appeared to be preparing for combat. One more pirate shacked up behind a crate at the opposite end of the landing, and still more remained in the hallway leading to the bridge.

One of the pirates from around the corner readied his submachine gun with a loud clatter of the chamber. First one foot around the corner, then the other, as he took up stance in open hallway. Body armor covered most of his torso and arms, with only smaller patches down his legs. His head was covered in a black helmet, simple cloth on metal all of it. There was nothing modern about him, he looked standard flair Earth military.

And so did the Thompson SMG as it's barrel lit up. It spat flames in rapid succession as bullets began to hammer the docking ring from the Tacoma's side. A few bullets would stray into the Bering's staging area, but they were all well off their marks.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton


Last edited by Tenshi on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two pirates backed around the corner in front of Mitch. In his focused state, his body and mind opperated mostly independently. As he fired a tight burst of bullets into the backs of each soldier, he reasoned that the boaders must be allies.

OOC- I'll probably rewrite this, too. I'm still Jagger in my head; Mitch's narration is completely different.
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright © Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group