FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Mecha Knights: Opening Gambit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Jon's laser fire ripped through the air between him and the Patroponese vehicles. ost of the bolts smashed harmlessly into the ground, but due to the sheer number of shots fired, several of them did indeed hit the enemies.

The weapon carriers, noticing that their target was now a good further south than they had anticipated ceased their missile fire and made a bee-line for the road to give persuit to the elusive Knight. The laser carriers revolved their turrets and sent a barrage of shots in the general direction of Sir Jon's last known position.

<Alpha 1, 3 & 4: Armor Damaged>

<Alpha 3 & 4: Reloading Missile Pods 18/18>

<Alpha 5: Reloading Missile Pod 12/18>

===============================================

Gemini's missiles detonated in mid-air as Archer's gatling fire ripped into them.

Both Blykes now seemed to disengage from their foes and made their way south toards the approaching reinforcements together.

===============================================

Cossack stumbled backwards as Archer's laser burned through one of his hind legs.

One of his blades came flying back towards Archer in a wild swing.

Noting that Brynhildr was seemingly retreating from him (and pouring laser fire into him as well), he let her go and continued his own backward motion as quickly as his now three-legged Mecha would allow. Without even waiting for a missile lock, the Prince of Patroponne launced both of his Devastator missiles, aming towards Archer.

<Cossack: Armor Damaged, Leg Destroyed (rear right), Devastator Missiles 0/2>

((Ladies, you might want to get out of there! Fast!))

===============================================

Caballus' laser fusilade tore into the Patroponnese missiles just as they were fired from their pods. A single good hit per salvo was enough to set off a chain reaction that made all of them blow up mere meters from their origin. On one of the carriers, Sir Henriscored a lucky hit that set off on of the missiles while it was still in the pod. With a deafenig Boom the top of the vehicle desintegrated donkey its entire payload of missiles detonated at once.

At the same time, the shots from Gemini 1's guns smashed into Caballus, tearing thriough his armor plating.

<Beta 3 & 4: Missiles Destroyed 12/18>

<Beta 5: Missile Pod Obliterated, Armor Damaged, Crew Wounded>

<Caballus: Armor Damaged>

===============================================

Three groups of missiles sped towards Mercy as the Vayne Mecha made its way into the relative protection of the trees. Guided by their missile lock, they followed Mercy's maneuvers, with the consequence that some of them collided with tree trunks.

But the majority still made it to their intended destination and detonated against Mercy's armor.

<Gamma 3-5: Missile Pod 12/18>

<Mercy: Armor Degraded 0/1, Armor Damaged, Arm Damaged (left)>
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyris



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 883
Location: Beneath a vast mound of curly hair

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was rather more successful than I'd--WHAM.

Sir Henry barely has time to be pleased with his unexpectedly accurate salvo before Gemini 1's attack strikes. The mecha shudders and all six limbs spasm, sending the massive machine in a ballistic arc. However, the computer manages to regain control a split second before impact, making a two-point landing that is almost smooth and continuing forwards, repositioning the arms in their "sword and shield forward" pose.

Either that was almost as lucky as I just got, or I should be really scared. Let's go with lucky for now...

He continues to pilot Caballus towards a laser carrier, belatedly remembering to follow an erratic path this time.

<Advanced Sensors active>
<ECM Suite active>
<Gatling Laser "Hot">
<Armour damaged>

((Have we got both Geminis heading this way now? Oh dear. And he hasn't noticed yet because the ECM is still on... this is either going to be very fun or very brief.))
_________________
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.
Dubbed "Tetris" by Asa... apparently.
Keeper of Nanashi's ghostly blue visage and Felucca's hypothetical ejecting nose-cone.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davion struggled to keep his hands on the control sticks as missiles slammed home all across his left side. Warning lights blanketed the HUD, fading in size into the leftmost side of the screen. Holding his breath, he tensed his whole body as Mercy lurched. Despite his best efforts, the massive mecha sidestepped into a tree and went spinning off it again, tumbling out of the forest and landing on it's damaged left arm. The stick in his left hand went stiff, jammed.

"Fine. You want me, here you go!" he cried out, exhaling all his breath and almost spitting into the screen. He dropped the left stick and hammered the keypad at his left as his vision centered on the group of vehicles that had just brought him down. Twin reticules swung out from the main reticule, hovering over the ground between the furthest of the vehicles. As he squeezed the trigger on his right stick fully, main reticule aimed at the center vehicle, he tapped the "Fire" key on the keypad twice. Then, he grinned.

From each shoulder, Devastator missiles launched and arced along the ground. They were massive beasts, coated in radar-absorbing paint and smoothed to reflect laser targeting like a mirror. A cylindrical body, larger at it's rear than it's front, ended in four thick fins. These four fins guarded the motive drive of the Devastator: a rocket powerful enough to propel a whole Mecha.

Davion had a front row seat, watching the fire glow through the trails of smoke that left Mercy's torso. After a half a second, his hands returned to the sticks and he pulled the right trigger back even harder. An audible click confirmed his orders, then dozens of glowing bolts speared the darkness between the plumes of smoke. Gatling lasers not being known to punch through armor, and he having no idea what sort of vehicle it was, he held down the trigger.

Warning alarms assaulted his ears for what must have been the millionth time, and a heat indicator glowed from his console below the view screen. It passed blue, shot through yellow, into the red, and past that. If the color black could glow, the heat indicator would have been brilliantly bright.

He released the trigger moments before raw plasma would have to be ejected through the exhaust ports on Mercy. The Mecha began a procedure to shut itself down to cool more quickly, which Davion quickly overrode with a few keystrokes on each side.

"Sorry, but we can't rest yet girl."

<Devastators 1 and 2 fired>
<Left Arm damaged>
<Gatling Laser fired until overheated>
<Mercy prone at the treeline>
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alana stepped into the oncoming blow using the cross guard of Archer's sword and a twist of the Mecha's hips in time with its wrists to raise the weapons above the pair while placing her own blade inside the prince's guard. There was no subtlety left after that point, it became an issue of whether her own blade, assisted by gravity, the natural tension of the pose and a slight drop of Archer's weight through the knees, could descend more quickly than the Prince's second blade could sweep across and tear her from the world. She was willing to gamble it would; the dice rolled across the battlefield to the sound of grinding metal and the thunderous chorus of giant feet, the prince danced back poorly on three legs clearly none too keen on the odds.

"You might have made it," Alana muttered sullenly. Archer's computer screamed in answer as Cossack unleashed its Devastators.

The world dissolved into a blur of smoke, the staccato flicker of Archer’s gatling laser trying to draw a bead on the hurtling missiles. Dark pain and chunks of torn up earth separated her from the tumbling sky as she threw her mecha to one side.
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((fever posting is dumb Razz))

Kara couldn't believe when Cossack fired the devastators at point blank range at Archer but there was no way she could fire at them and not potentially hit Archer as well, so hopefully without the lock Archer would get out of the way in time.

As Cossack was partially turned to deal with Archer with the apparent assumption that Brynhildr was on the retreat, Kara suddenly pushed Brynhildr into Cossack in a rugby like tackle move. She leveled the push so that the majority of the force and weight would be against the now disabled leg ((aka she's pushing from the front, but angling the weight etc towards the weaker side)). She hooked her gattling laser arm low near the legs of Cossack and started to fire again and then activated her jump jets in a short burst to add force to the "push" and hopefully buckle Cossacks legs.

Brynhildr opened a coded channel to Archer, "Archer, stop with the heroics and get a move on, i can't keep this coward at bay all day. We need to withdraw and regroup at Vayne!"

<Advanced Sensors active>
<ECM Suite active>
<Gatling Laser Active>
<Jump Jets active, short burst>
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon made a beeline for another nearby ridge, diverting power from his lasers to keep his jets hot. He vaulted up into the air again, clearing another ridge and hopefully not getting shot in the process.

((I can edit this next part if I actually do get shot in there, Ace, but if not the above just isn't enough action for me.))

As soon as he dropped down into cover again, Jon cut his ECM and fed even more power to his comm and jets. "Mercy, what is your status? I'm getting clear, I'm going to try to make it back to the escort at top speed. Sitrep would be good, if you have the time." Switching his transmission channel briefly, Jon continued, "Any Kleas forces in range, please respond; we have hostiles in Myrandrian territory, and I've taken their appearance personally. Please update me on your status."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more laser burst came flying in Sir Jon's direction after he had turned off his ECM, but at the range he had put between himself and the aggressors by that time, they didn't have much of achance of actually hitting him.

The far greater problem was that as soon as the vehicles reached the road again, they would be able to move considerably faster than Hologram, thus eating up the Knight's haed start.

After Sir Jon had set off his second call for aid towards his home, the comm answered him with nothing but static noise. Indeed, that was a bit too much static to just be "no connection". It slowly dawned on the Count of Kleas that he was being Jammed! He hadn't noticed and problems in his communications with Sir Davion, so apparently the jamming was limited to those frequencies used for long-range communication. Someone wanted to make sure that whatver happened in Nûrande would stay in Nûrande for the time being...

((You hadn't noticed this jamming before, because neither Jon nor Davion had actually waited for a reply or even a comfirmed connection when you set off your earlier calls to your respective home forces.))

===============================================

The two laser carriers of Beta squadron tried their best to target the approaching Caballus, but with the Knight's erratic zig-zagging all they could do was to fire blindly into his general direction and hope for the best.

In the meantime the Blyke twins circled around the centauroid Mecha at a distance on their way to close up with their southern group of warmachines. They too fired their lasers at Sir Henry, putting him into a crossfire of deadly, but fairly inaccurate laser fire.

===============================================

The carriers of Gamma squadron tried to evade the approaching missiles, but they were nowhere near fast enough. The twim missiles slammed into the ground between the vehicles and explosive force slammed into their sides, pushing them way out of formation. Gamma 3 and 5 were pushed inwards toward Gamma 4 and it was all they could do to avoid a collision with their own ally.

But this boxed in Gamma 4, so it had no room to evade Davion's laser fire. The concentrated barrage of energy slowly ate through the machines front armor and continued into the crew comparment.

As the smoke and dust from the twin explosions cleared, the Patroponese vehicles emerged in a rather pitiful state. Their armor bashed in, and their hulls noticably sagging to one side, sometimes as far as dragging on the ground.

<Gamma 1, 2, 3, 5: Armor Damaged, Propusion Damaged, Reactor Damaged, Crew Wounded>

<Gamma 4: Armor Damaged, Controls Damaged, Driver Killed>

===============================================

Both Lady Alana and Lady Kára were already moving away from the assumed point of impact when the Prince's pair of Devastators detonated behind them. The force of the massive explosion slammed inot them and accelerated their evasive movement.

Archer was thrown down onto its side and slid several yards across the ground before coming to a rest. As Alana shook off the feeling of dizziness, she was almost overrwhelmed by the pain in her right arm (which was currently stuck between her body and the cockpit's dashboard).

Brynhildr was caught be the blast from behind and slaamed full force into Cossack. Prince Garran had raised up his arms in a final attempt of defense, but this proved to be a supremely futile gesture. As the two Mecha collided, Cossack's left arm was smashed in between their torsoes. The tip of his right blade caught on some point of Brynhildr's armor and was forced into the Myrandrian's hull, before finally snapping under the massive shear forces.

The two Mecha tumbled over each other and finally came to rest lying on the ground next to each other.

<Cossack: Arm Damaged (left), Melee Weapon Obliterated (right), Legs Damaged, Controls Damaged>

<Archer: Armor Damaged, Arm Damaged (right), Laser Cannon Damaged, Pilot Wounded>

<Brynhildr: Armor Degraded 0/1, Armor Damaged, Controls Damaged, Computer Damaged>
<And you have a massive blade sticking out of your cockpit wall!>
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the vehicles collected themselves, battered and broken, Davion began to shift his weight and pull hard on the controls of Mercy. The arm beneath him strained, grinded, whirred, and then went silent as it failed to move.

"Absolutely fabulous.."

Shifting his weight again, he flipped his foot into a harness of the leftmost foot pedal and drew it upward. Mercy drew the leg against the ground up, underneath it's torso. Davion shifty both sticks forward slightly, and brought the other pedal around in a wider arc. Mercy's other foot planted firmly flat on the ground.

If it were my body, this would work. Mercy isn't built that way, though... If it works, I'll be on my feet. If not, I can push off with my other arm when it flips.

Grasping the two control sticks tightly, he re-threaded his fingers between the contours of the grips. Exhaling softly, he twisted his left foot and applied pressure to the leg that was underneath him. With luck, his knee would catch and support weight, and then it would be a very simple matter to just stand up.

While nearly all of his concentration was focused on his task of standing, he kept casting a wary eye into the line of vehicles he had just battered. One of them was definitely done for, blue smoke rolling from it's nose section. Very likely, he'd burned the pilot alive. He would pay his penance for that later, though perhaps earlier if the rest of the crews were still in position to make his life hell.

"Please Mercy, we must not rest yet. I know the pain you feel, but our friends need us now more than ever. We must clear a path to safety, and shepherd them along that path. Now, more than ever, I need you."

((Leaving the success up to you Lope, though I have bad knees so maybe I'm not a good person to judge how knee support works? I was thinking this would take an entire "round" as it were, to get back to a stand after dropping with such a lack of grace. Edited in some exposition from Davion after deciding this would be my full post for the turn.))

<Mercy Prone, Attempting to stand>
<Location: At Treeline>
<Gatling Laser in cooldown>
<Reactor Shutdown Overridden>
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton


Last edited by Tenshi on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tyris



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 883
Location: Beneath a vast mound of curly hair

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught in the middle of a storm of laserfire, Sir Henry has very little option but to carry on jinking. He considers breaking away from his course towards the laser carrier and following a truly random path, but decides that that would defy the point somewhat.

Not for the first time, he wishes that he'd mounted something heavier than a Gatling laser. Nor is it feasible right now to send fire in the Blykes' direction. He's just going to have to hold course and hope.

<Advanced Sensors active>
<ECM Suite active>
<Gatling Laser "Hot">
<Armour damaged>
<Pilot terrified>

((Can't help but wonder how the bipedal Geminis are managing to both keep up and circle, though. Are they using their jump jets as overdrive boosters?))
_________________
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.
Dubbed "Tetris" by Asa... apparently.
Keeper of Nanashi's ghostly blue visage and Felucca's hypothetical ejecting nose-cone.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world swam back to her through waves of rust smelling pain; light entered half cracked eyelids like the wicked grin of a clown hiding a gun. Something was wrong, the realisation hit her and she started to laugh; the sky was twisted away, paved in ranks of scarlet fire and ash. Her trembling thumb found the coms and flicked them on.

“I think they got me,” she dissolved into laughter again for a moment, “Sorry about the cliché. Ah boy. Hang on a moment.”

Alana tried to sit up and spent the rest of her breath screaming. Thoughts started to slot themselves together again following the lines of pain and reason the sound had torn through her skull.

“Damn. I think I’ve crushed my arm real bad. Can’t seem to stop shaking.”

The Main Systems Display was flashing red in the lower right side of her vision. Archer seemed to be in about the same shape as its pilot, except mecha didn’t feel pain.

“Lucky git,” Alana brushed the mecha’s controls affectionately with her uninjured hand sending a flurry of commands into the computer. Archer dragged itself to its knees using its sword, ECM went active once again. The moving cockpit seemed to urge her organs towards her mouth in a long multicoloured string of Alana branded baloons. Distantly she longed for a warehouse full of painkillers and a bottle of whiskey to make it all go away. The mecha’s right arm hung limply at its side, devoid of any input from its pilot. Alana directed Archer over to the prostrate form of the prince’s mecha and raised her sword over his cockpit.

“Hold him still a moment,” she ground out through teeth that had started to chatter, “might not get another chance.”

<Archer: Armor Damaged, Arm Damaged (right), Laser Cannon Damaged, Pilot Wounded. ECM active>
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Oh, gee, I hadn't noticed a technological condition I didn't know existed. What a catch-22...))

Jon muttered as the jamming became more and more apparent. Rotten little bastards didn't seem to want anyone else to come and play. He punched his ECM back up with a rueful curse and moved off the road into the brush again, hoping his mecha's relatively small size and agility would move him faster than his ugly pals.

As he moved off into the brush, Jon kept his eyes and sensors out for rock or ridge formations near the road. Something with a good blind corner, with a nicely-sized pile of earth in the bend of it, where he could ambush the oncoming weapons platforms from hiding across the road...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JackAce



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 673
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Archer aproached the Patropenese Mecha, the stricken machine liftd its remaining blade into a defensive position across its body. At the same time, its now weaponless right arm and all of its legs thrashed about wildly and jerkily in an attempt to regain a vertical position.

Next to it, Brynhildr did the same somewhat more successfully, but not any more elegant than the Prince.

As Archer closed in, Lady Alane heard Lady Kára's voice over her comm, buzzing heavily with static: "Alana! We don't have time for this. Look, Davion's got the carriers in disarray. We should get out of here before they manage to regroup..."

"Everybody! Come on! Let's get moving!"

"Count Kleas, what is your status? We are now starting our retreat east towards Vayne territory. Repeat, we're retraiting to Vayne, leaving multiple unfriendlies at the crossroads!"
_________________

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archer and Cossack each had one blade a piece, but Archer had regained its feet - simply putting her mecha's body weight behind the swing should smash clean through the Prince's defence. All strength in fighting came from how you leveraged your body structure against the ground. It could be over in one swift powerful strike. He knew it and she knew it - his pathetically frantic twitching gave testament to the fact. Reality swirled around and she imagined him as a maggot squirming on a giant hook.

Kara's voice shattered the image, "Alana! We don't have time for this. Look, Davion's got the carriers in disarray. We should get out of here before they manage to regroup..."

The carriers were dispersed; the Prince's escort seemed to have fled. Now was the time to strike, not run away. They could take out one of the enemy’s nobility in a single glorious strike or at the very least take him captive. What could light vehicles do against a mecha squadron? She stopped for a moment, caught between her desire to kill the Prince and her desire to flee. Alana raised her good arm in the cockpit and pointed it towards the prince; her Mecha's sword arm copied the movement, the blade of a vengeful god dividing life from death.

She opened a channel to Garran's mecha,

"I lend you a life then, 'Prince.' When the time comes, I will find you on the field."

Archer put up its sword and turned away, as far as a walking hunk of metal could characterise emotion it seemed somehow disappointed, a hunting dog cheated of blood at the final moment.

"Alright we're done here. Let's go." Alana set the computer to head towards Vayne and dialled up the speed half closing her eyes against the weariness that suddenly seemed to crash in on her, pain was for a moment gloriously far away behind a wall of fatigue.

<Archer: Armor Damaged, Arm Damaged (right), Laser Cannon Damaged, Pilot Wounded. ECM active>
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tyris



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 883
Location: Beneath a vast mound of curly hair

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Caballus draws ever closer to the laser carrier, the incoming fire becomes more accurate. The raised shield takes two glancing hits, digging craters in the metal and marring the coat of arms. Then he is upon the light vehicle and his blade swings, separating the laser carrier from its lasers. The four-legged mecha rears up on its hind legs and kicks the people carrier into the remaining laser carrier.

This done, he turns and runs. Taking out the two working missile carriers would be possible, but not before the Blykes were upon him - and two-on-one odds might be acceptable when the two are light-armoured hover chariots, but when they're heavily armed and armoured mecha, the situation is significantly worse.

Instead of heading directly towards Vayne, which would take him through the third carrier group, he gallops southeast, intending to arc around towards Vayne. With a good deal less incoming laserfire, he finally has concentration to spare on talking.

"Sir Henry here. Sorry about the delay, but I've been having too much fun to talk. Now heading towards Vayne cross-country style. Be advised: we may have Blyke-shaped company shortly after that."

Turning to the systems status board, he checks the ECM jammer. It wouldn't do to run away from the missile carriers purely to get half a dozen explosives up the rear. Fortunately, the light still glows green.

<Advanced Sensors active>
<ECM Suite active>
<Armour damaged>
<Shield mostly intact>
_________________
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.
Dubbed "Tetris" by Asa... apparently.
Keeper of Nanashi's ghostly blue visage and Felucca's hypothetical ejecting nose-cone.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davion wrenched Mercy back to it's feet, twisting his own body in ways that felt unnatural. Once the massive machine was back on it's legs, he heaved a sigh of relief. On his side, prone, he was useless. At least on his legs he could brawl.

He surveyed the line of vehicles, casting a critical eye on the survivors. For the most part, the line of defenses seemed completely decimated. The center vehicle was melted through, the vehicles to either side were in such a bad way that none of them looked to be much use.

...We are now starting our retreat east towards Vayne... he heard through his comm unit, now aided by a health dose of static. He'd probably damaged the comm system, too, with that stunt.

"We can't risk leaving our friends exposed, Mercy. We have to finish the job."

He thrust both arms forward, and began pedaling his feet again. Mercy gave more than a bit of an extra groan, perhaps in compliance and perhaps in complaint. Either way, there was a mission to accomplish and he would be sure that neither of them failed in the mission.

The best looking vehicle, as denoted by whatever scanning equipment Mercy had available (or left), was his target. Like a football punter in another world, he slammed his left foot down in front of the vehicle and wheeled his right leg quickly forward. His foot traveled into, and through, the cockpit before stretching high upward. Balancing carefully, he used his excess momentum to turn and bring his leg back down.

Checking the status of his gatling laser, he deemed it a bit too risky to fire. Using it now was more likely to melt the end off it than it was to do any more damage to his enemies. The rest of the vehicles looked pretty much destroyed anyway. Standing among them, he could get off a quick shot if he had to take one more out.

(Edit) That just left the center vehicle without a piloting crew. Their weapons would still undoubtedly be live, and he could probably use that to his advantage. With a bit of a grin, he used Mercy's arm to reach down and grasp the vehicle. Gripping it's hull tightly in it's good hand, it rolled the chassis onto it's side. With it's left foot (since the right was gripping the hull) it started to kick the bottom of the craft.

Flipping his Comm unit to broadcast externally, he focused the radio (and if applicable, IR/Laser/Bluetooth/Whatever) transmission directly at the vehicle.

[DIRECT COMM] "This is the Myrandrian Knight, Lord Davion Vayne. Come out of your vehicle and surrender, or I would expect your compartment to get MUCH more cramped when I shove my foot through it. You have precisely ten seconds to comply."

He let the chassis roll back onto it's bottom, but moved Mercy's hand onto the weapon mounted on top. He wasn't going to let them fire anything he didn't want to, regardless. With their hatch now on level ground, ten seconds would be plenty of time for a mad scramble for safety. He may give them fifteen, but he wasn't an exceptionally patient man to begin with. Still grasping the vehicle's turret firmly, he used his free hand to toggle his communications suite back to Myrandria, he prayed it had sufficient stability to reach his compatriots.(/edit)

[COMM] "This is Davion, I have the vehicles under control here. Suggest you make best speed east. I will hold position until all of you are through."
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright İ Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group