No!
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
Bits and Peices
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

devilman2045

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Vote for Change - V for Change Reply with quote

Good evening, America. I thought it time we had a little talk. Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

I suppose you're wondering why I've called you here this evening. Well, you see, I'm not entirely satisfied with your performance lately... I'm afraid your work's been slipping and... and well, I'm afraid we've been thinking about letting you go.

Oh, I know, I know. You've been with the company a long time now. Almost... let me see. Almost ten thousand years! My word, doesn't time fly? It seems like only yesterday... I remember the day you commenced your employment, swinging down from the trees, fresh-faced and nervous, a bone clasped in your bristling fist... "Where do I start, sir?", you asked, plaintively. I recalled my exact words: "There's a pile of dinosaur eggs over there, youngster", I said, smiling paternally all the while. "Get sucking".

Well, we've certainly come a long way since then, haven't we? And yes, yes, you're right, in all that time you haven't missed a day. Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Also, please don't think I've forgotten about your outstanding service record, or about all of the invaluable contributions that you've made to the company... Fire, the wheel, agriculture... It's an impressive list, old-timer. A jolly impressive list.

Don't get me wrong. But... well, to be frank, we've had our problems too. There's no getting away from it. Do you know what I think alot of it stems from? I'll tell you... It's your basic unwillingness to get on in the company. You don't seem to want to face up to any real responibility. To be your own boss.

Lord knows you've been given plenty of opportunities... We've offered you promotion time and time again, and each time you've turned us down. "I couldn't handle the work, Guv'Nor", you wheedled. "I know my place". To be frank, you're not trying, are you? You see, you've been standing still for far too long, and its starting to show in your work... And, I might add, in your general standard of behavior. The constant bickering on the factory floor has not escaped my attention... nor the recent bouts of rowdiness in the staff canteen.

Then of course there's... Hmm. Well, I didn't really want to have to bring this up, but... Well, you see, I've been hearing some disturbing rumors about your personal life. No, never you mind who told me. No names, no pack drill... I understand you are unable to get on with your spouse. I hear that you argue. I am told that you shout. Violence has been mentioned. I am reliably informed that you always hurt the one your love... the one you shouldn't hurt at all. And what about the children, its always the children who suffer, as you're well aware. Poor little mites. What are they to make of it? What are they to make of all your bullying, your despair, your cowardice and all your fondly nurtured bigotries? Really, its not good enough, is it?

And its no good blaming the drop in work standards on and management either... though to be sure, the management is very bad. In fact, let us not mince words... The Management is terrible! We've had a string of embezzelers, frauds, liars and lunatics making a string of catastrophic decisions. This is plain fact. But who elected them? It was you! You who elected these people!

You who gave them the power to make your decisions for you! While I'll admit that anyone can make a mistake once, to go on making the same lethal errors century after century seems to me nothing short of deliberate.

You have encouraged these malicious incompetents, who have made your working life a shambles. You have accepted without question their senseless orders. You have allowed them to fill your workspace with dangerous and unproven machines. You could have stopped them. All you had to say was "No". You have no spine. You have no pride. You are no longer an asset to the company.

I will, however, be generous. You will be granted two years to show me some improvement in your work. If at the end of that time you are still unwilling to make a go of it... you're fired. Now take some time to watch the following training video. That will be all. You may return to your labors.

http://www.youtube.com/TheMouthPeace
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you all will join me in voting for McCain after that video and that little speech. Trust me when I say he is change.
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening American.

Not all of us live in your country. If you knew the slightest about the community you have joined here, you'd be aware that the writer of the comic this forums exists for is Canadian, and some of the prominent members of this forum are British and Israeli, among others.

You may return to your Americocentric-ness...

=P
JackAce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an American citizen, so this entire elction buisiness kinda goes past me. Therefor I will refrain from making any statements about the topics you mention in your video and you "speech".

I do, however, feel the need to say a few things about the way you present your oppinions here...

Quid pro quo, you want to cool some of that a bit next time, Lope? - Nem

2) That "Speech" of yours ... I can't for the heck of it figure what the feth you're talking about! I mean Allegory is all well and good, but it ought to lead somewhere, eventually. And this one doesn't.

3) Your Video ... Apart from the fact that it's all pure political agitation, which, IMO has no place on this forum, it's also rather poorly made. Most of the text zooms by way too fast to actually read it. You're bombarding the viewer with statements and never give him any time to actually think about them. It kind of makes me wonder it perhaps you don't want people to think too much about what you're telling them and just accept everything you say at face value...

But I don't think that not-thinking is a particularly helpful attitude when facing the task of electing the leadership of your country for the next four years.

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to echo some sentiments...

Of the ten moderators on this forum, (including the Lady,) only four (including myself) are American--and to my knowledge, we are incredibly spread out. Three are from the UK, two are from Canada, and one is from Israel. I believe the general population of the forum follows that ratio accordingly.

Now, I do agree that the American elections are important--not only to us, but to others as well. Being one of the most powerful countries in the world, (and having several commonwealths,) our leader has an impact on a global scale. Educating everybody about the possible candidates is INCREDIBLY important so that we can figure out who the heck these people are and which one we agree with most (if we agree with either at all).

But what you're presenting here is incredibly one-sided; I've looked at some of your other videos on youtube, and those follow in the same stream of thought. Your videos seem to all be incredibly pro-McCain/Palin--which I'm glad for! It's good to have something you're passionate about...though it really troubles me that you're so adamant about this one person winning, and you don't seem to understand the pros that Obama has, too. Each candidate has their strengths and weaknesses, but you don't seem to acknowledge that--it seems as though you're putting all of your faith behind McCain, and I'm worried that you might not see his flaws or Obama's strength. Really try to research both sides using propaganda from both sides as well as neutral news sources. (Which I admit are a bit hard to find; many news channels are very liberal.)

Because of this, you've probably turned a lot of people off of McCain--I know I am after watching this. The rapid-fire text began blurring after a while--maybe you could slow it down a bit for people to read? I know Americans have ADD, but I didn't quite think we were THAT far gone. Smile

So again, I urge you to question your faith McCain and try to see both the good and bad in both people rather than blindly attacking one candidate and near-worshipping the other. You'll be a much happier person. Smile
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeniel wrote:
Just to echo some sentiments...

Of the ten moderators on this forum, (including the Lady,) only four (including myself) are American--and to my knowledge, we are incredibly spread out. Three are from the UK, two are from Canada, and one is from Israel. I believe the general population of the forum follows that ratio accordingly.

Now, I do agree that the American elections are important--not only to us, but to others as well. Being one of the most powerful countries in the world, (and having several commonwealths,) our leader has an impact on a global scale. Educating everybody about the possible candidates is INCREDIBLY important so that we can figure out who the heck these people are and which one we agree with most (if we agree with either at all).

But what you're presenting here is incredibly one-sided; I've looked at some of your other videos on youtube, and those follow in the same stream of thought. Your videos seem to all be incredibly pro-McCain/Palin--which I'm glad for! It's good to have something you're passionate about...though it really troubles me that you're so adamant about this one person winning, and you don't seem to understand the pros that Obama has, too. Each candidate has their strengths and weaknesses, but you don't seem to acknowledge that--it seems as though you're putting all of your faith behind McCain, and I'm worried that you might not see his flaws or Obama's strength. Really try to research both sides using propaganda from both sides as well as neutral news sources. (Which I admit are a bit hard to find; many news channels are very liberal.)

Because of this, you've probably turned a lot of people off of McCain--I know I am after watching this. The rapid-fire text began blurring after a while--maybe you could slow it down a bit for people to read? I know Americans have ADD, but I didn't quite think we were THAT far gone. Smile

So again, I urge you to question your faith McCain and try to see both the good and bad in both people rather than blindly attacking one candidate and near-worshipping the other. You'll be a much happier person. Smile

To be quite honest I didn't know there were so few Americans on here when I first posted this. And at that, I thank you for being the first to be receptive in your critique.

On that note, I seem so pro McCain, because I've done some research on the canidates which led me to be pro McCain.

For example: I dislike Obama's voting history (Anti Union in a few, and I'm in a union!). Not to mention: of his current term in senate (he's had only one), he's spent over have of it running for president. He has not been doing what he was elected to do.

Presidential election or not, you need to remain focused on your position. He can't be running off to keep his poll numbers up while he's president, and focus on the job at the same time. Thus, the reason why Bush doesn't care about his approval raiting.

Plus Joe Biden rubs me as being a jerk.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless (of everything, including the your effective writing and fact that I support McCain), I don't think this is the place for a political discussion. These kinds of discussions just tend to bring out the worst in people.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
JackAce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackAce wrote:
Quid pro quo, you want to cool some of that a bit next time, Lope? - Nem

Yes, Sorry! I geuss I got a little carried away... Embarassed

theBSDude wrote:
Regardless (of everything, including the fact that I support McCain, and that Palin has relatives in my town), I don't think this is the place for a political discussion. These kinds of discussions just tend to bring out the worst in people.

Another forum I'm on has the rather strict rule of completely banning political statements of any kind. I suggest to introduce the same rule around here.

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Lope: Heh... I edited my post before you replied....

@Mane: I didn't get any John-McCain-worshipping vibe; the end was hokey, but the rest was just facts and charts, and it encourages people to look into the data themselves. *shrug* I'm jus' sayin'... still think this isn't the right place, though....

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though it may not be the place; it got the subject on your minds. Though you may not be from my country of origin; you thoughts are now focused on our election. Though you may not of been worried before; some of you now worry about our present and delevoping woes.

Though few of you cared; it is now the only thing on your lips in this forum.

What can I say; but I digress to the subject of this post!!!

Last edited by devilman2045 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worship might be a strong word...but I wasn't referring to this video alone. I was looking at a couple of other videos on that site as well when I said that.

As far as rules go, people are MORE than welcome to post religious, political, etc. thread here. We actually had a religion thread in Forum v 1.0. This is a place for discussion, not censorship. However, we WILL lock/delete threads that get out of hand or begins to stray into dangerous territory. All that we ask is that you present your view and critique others' views in a respecful manner--much like a debate. Obama and McCain haven't gotten into a shouting match during one of their debates, and we expect the same etiquette while on the forum. If you know you can't read a thread without getting angry and beheading them, then please don't read it. It's only an issue if you make it one--we expect forumites to be mature enough to handle topics like this with poise and grace.

((Those "you"s aren't directed at anybody in particular. It's More of the vous than the tu. Smile ))

@ devilman: My primary focus at the moment is civil rights. At the moment, Obama seems to be the candidate most likely to allow gays to marry, adopt, immigration, etc. This, I feel, has more impact on my life than any other, especially since I'm looking to settle down in the next couple of years. Granted, Obama isn't necessarily FOR gay marriage...but he's been incredibly receptive to the community and has spoken about it outside of the GLBT community--something no other candidate has done before.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeniel wrote:
@ devilman: My primary focus at the moment is civil rights. At the moment, Obama seems to be the candidate most likely to allow gays to marry, adopt, immigration, etc. This, I feel, has more impact on my life than any other, especially since I'm looking to settle down in the next couple of years. Granted, Obama isn't necessarily FOR gay marriage...but he's been incredibly receptive to the community and has spoken about it outside of the GLBT community--something no other candidate has done before.

Yeah, but please note he has opposed an Amendment placing a ban on gay marriage. I'm not sure if he has the same ideological thinking I do; but I hope so for our sake.

I personally don't want gay marriage; but applying a general term like civil union would be perferct with me. I think it's not so much an issue of the unity, but the term used for it; when it comes to most people.

EDIT: I forgot to include a citation for my comments in the first paragraph. Here you go: link

Edit by Tinalles: made it a proper link so it would stop busting the layout.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2) That "Speech" of yours ... I can't for the heck of it figure what the feth you're talking about! I mean Allegory is all well and good, but it ought to lead somewhere, eventually. And this one doesn't.

It didn't need to lead somewhere. The overall theme was be careful who you vote for. That, and after you do vote, don't complain about the end result. Feel free to blame yourselves for that.

Quote:
3) Your Video ... Apart from the fact that it's all pure political agitation, which, IMO has no place on this forum, it's also rather poorly made. Most of the text zooms by way too fast to actually read it. You're bombarding the viewer with statements and never give him any time to actually think about them. It kind of makes me wonder it perhaps you don't want people to think too much about what you're telling them and just accept everything you say at face value...

Feel free to hit the pause button at any point in that video to read the words. You can even read the webpages they put up in the video. Funny thing really. I never would of thought to use the pause button....
Tyris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilman2045 wrote:
Trust me when I say he is change.
*picks himself up off the floor, still giggling slightly*
You're funny.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding comments of a political nature, I hope that everyone feels free to make them on this forum. But I also hope that no one expects everyone to agree with them either. Also, just because a large number of us are not American doesn't mean that we can't take interest in their affairs and weigh in on them.

As for your statements... I'm afraid I didn't understand your speech. I think that you're talking about the history of civilization, and, I'm almost loathe to point it out, America is hardly the apex of such. Being resource rich doesn't make you the best, only the wealthiest. For the moment.

As for the election, I'm going to have to side with the Democrats for this one. I like McCain as a person, but not a political leader. I think Obama is smart and level headed, among other things, and that those are qualities that anyone should want in a leader. I also distrust McCain's choice of Pallin, which seems to be a desperate attempt to both sway Hillary supporters to his side and to appeal to his own "minority majority" so that voters won't feel the need to make history by voting in a black male, they can vote in a woman instead! I don't know exactly how many American's really care about that, but it seemed relevant to me.

And as for gay marriage... I'm open to it being discussed on this forum, but I WILL SHUT IT DOWN as soon as anyone starts making ANY sort of derogatory comments from either side of the debate. I hope it doesn't happen, but... I have to admit, I've never seen it not get ugly.

But in conclusion... you yankees are ALL far too right wing for me anyhow. I'd probably ACTUALLY vote for an independant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: