FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Tenshi gets his own hospital thread! Yay?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECG is heart monitoring, wires/pads applied to the chest. EEG is different, and more relevant in this case, and is similar wires attached to the head...
Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In retrospect, I should have taken a picture of me all wired up to the ECG. Then again, nobody wants to see me topless XD

ECG = Electro Cardio Gram, I think. Or Graph...

EEG = Electroencephalograph (from memory)

Space is right, the EEG is more relevant in cases of neurological problems. The reason they tried the ECG is because that have really no idea what the cause was. One of the many things it could've been includes a sudden drop in pulse or blood pressure, so they're checking to see if that happens normally or whatnot.

Really this whole process is quite bothersome... I hate medical tests.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Allicat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medical trials do suck. I've never had them done before *touch wood* but I'm scared I may have to have some soon Sad Glad to hear you're home Tenshi, keep us posted.

P.S: Asa, I've never felt that you've tried to impose your beliefs on anyone. You merely state your own point of view and I for one respect that.

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alli. Tell that to the guy in my Creative Writing class...

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Allicat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If'n you ask me (which I realise no one did but still...) anyone who jumps down the throat of a reasonable opinion is being intolerant and imposing.
</hijack>

Hugs and cookies to Tenshi!

Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AsA is probably the most well-mannered conservative person I know. I know a LOT of them who almost do burn unmarried mothers at the stake. And I've had conversations with AsA about religion, in which she never once tried to force her views down my throat. If anything, I would wager that I'm more bull-headed than she is by a longshot.

Actually, I would put good money on that. I think I insulted speggers' religious views numerous times in the first couple of times I talked to her. All accidentally, of course, but... yeah. AsA doesn't force her views on anyone. Razz

</hijack>

I'm back at WVU now, not feeling 100%, but I'm at least better enough to have energy again. I have a lot of catching up to do in class, and a laundry list of things to do to get my work and my medical stuff all sorted out. So, instead of taking it easy my first week back, I'll be working twice as hard. XD

Back into the breach, and no rest for the wicked, aye? Sometimes that "cavalier" attitude can come in quite handy...

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...At least until you collapse again.

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't count yer chickens 'fore they hatch, missy. ::wags finger with one eye squinted:: I ain' gon' collapse none too soon!

...in all seriousness though, I plan to get a bit more rest. No more taking emergency phone calls from night-owl friends late at night. My phone is being turned off at midnight. I also plan to eat a bit healthier (more veggies, yum!), maybe grab a granola bar or something before class in the mornings...

Oh, and most of all, I'm going to start working out on the weekends. Get myself into better shape overall. I'm losing weight already, with luck I can lose weight and tone up my body at the same time. Healthier diet, more regular eating, more regular sleep, and getting in shape...

I may not be able to control if I have another seizure or not, but I can control whether it happens due to an underlying physiological condition/reason. I can bring myself to a much more physically healthy point, at least to help my body cope with whatever problems I may otherwise have.

All seriousness aside, I've been told by many friends and relations over the years that I'm not right in the head. In fact, I know one woman who hates me so thoroughly, she would rather enjoy the news that my brain is cross-wired. I should track her down and tell her the news. XD

Red Skelton
sunshine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given what you've said about how you're doing health-wise already, I'd say the no-driving thing (while it's just plain torture to have a hobby taken away like that) is going to be a very good thing for you, especially if you take the time you would have used to enjoy driving around and go do something physically active instead.

I just started working with a personal trainer at my gym, and the biggest, most important thing he stressed was getting active on a daily basis. I have my set days for going into the gym, but I've been told to take a 30+ minute walk every day as well. It's actually been really nice, I find I have more energy afterward and all the trees right now are just gorgeous to look at (I live in New England, we're famous for this time of year)

So, yea... great idea to get active, and eat better, and actually get some rest!

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Asa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(thanks for the compliments, by the way, you guys - ^___________^)

Usa, I'm glad you're doing something about your health finally. However, I think you're still pushing it with a midnight curfew. Shut your phone off at 10, even if you don't end up going to sleep until later. That way, you'll be ready to go to bed at any time and you know you won't be disturbed. Set your aim a little bit early if you know you'll run over time. On the other hand, I like to go to bed around 10:30, 11:00, so maybe my view of what's early and what's late is a bit... skewed. ^_^;

electricpanda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I can't claim to know you too well, I do hope that the mystery is either a) solved and never happens again or b) it was a mysterious, random, one-off thing.

But yeah, if your daily habits are unhealthy, it wears away at your autoimmune system and such. So be healthy!
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.... I was trying to write a post about why I've come to live the way I have. What caused me to adopt the "The only way out, is through" mentality. I can't really talk about it, while staying PG-13.

Suffice to say, I was raised sheltered. Until age sixteen, I thought that all marriages lasted and all babies had warm homes. I thought all jobs were fun, and people always had enough money to make it by. I thought crime and death were just things on TV.

Then a chain of events "opened my eyes" and jaded me to the world. Some of these stemmed from a job that exposed me to the worst of my home city, and endangered my life on a few occasions. Some of these events stemmed from my now ex-wife, and how hard I had to fight just for joint custody of our son. How much of a criminal I was walking in the door of the child support and custody offices, just because I was male.

Anymore, I believe whole-heartedly that there's only one person you can always count on. You can have a great support network and amazing friends, but someday you're going to be alone and in trouble. When that happens, there's only one person you can count on at all times. Yourself.

That's why I'm so bull-headed, that's why I have such a cavalier attitude. If I stop believing that I can do it, then I've already lost the fight. After seeing so many people... heh. I've seen a lot of people hanging on to their last threads. I've even been the cause of a handful of them losing their grip when they're already at that point.

Most of what drives me is my need to feel like I've atoned for my sins and mistakes. If I give up, I'm proving that I'm just as bad as I've been called by my worst critics. For my whole life, I will constantly be trying to prove I deserve life. Call that hokey and religious if you want, but that's my motivator. I'm not doing it for me, I'm doing it to prove that the people who care about me aren't wasting their breath and emotion on me.

...sounds so much more depressed than it is. Or maybe it's more depressed than I feel? LOL. I'm emotionally distant and reserved, but I'm stable. I may have a lot of pain as my motivation, but I'm not suffering. I'm just... trying to be better than I used to be.

But that's the reason. Off to class now.

Red Skelton
Asa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww! *virtual hug* Usa, you've got my support, and I'm sure you'll soon be getting a flood of comments with the same sentiment. We're always here for you. PM coming your way.

electricpanda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*initiates group hug*

So you're making yourself sicker to make yourself feel better? XD Nice.
Allicat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel that there's anything I can add except volume to the love going on in this thread.

<3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: