FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Vampire Hunters - Phoenix Edition: Chapter 1: La Dolce Vita
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niamh moved with the models keeping to the middle of the group and making sure to stick by Mike incase he got any funny ideas.

When she looked back over her shoulder at Tara and Carl coming behind, she noticed that they were leaving on a side trip she smiled at Mike and whispered, "Looks like some of my friends are off to find your friends. Keep your fingers crossed and maybe we'll get everyone out."
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team 1

One of Jaze’s shots would appear to be successful – Oliver had not been expecting an ambush lying in wait right beside the door. One shot must have taken him in the head as he slowly crumpled to the floor. The Hunters would also be very lucky in that as his gun fell out of his shoulder rig and to the floor in front of Jaze, it wouldn’t misfire. It would be within grab distance.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jae Kim was knocked down, flat on her face as the door swung open. The flick knife she had been carrying in her hand for protection was knocked from her grip and skittered along the floor. Her face impacted the floor at an awkward angle, and she hit the floor with a great deal of force, bloodying her nose.

She swore loudly and scrambled to try and reclaim her belongings. Hiding behind a door hadn’t been her best idea… Had to re-group before the vamps got to them…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“What the heck?”

“Get the boss back from there, we have incoming!”

“…Must have infiltrated us from both ends of the building, but…”

“Never mind the how, just concentrate on getting us out!”


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Should Jaze be using his power to Detect Unholy, he would be able to sense the other three vampire signs were flattening themselves against the wall, and that two were sticking close together, as if one was acting as a shield, and that the pair and single vampire were on either side of the doors.

It would be difficult to procede with an ambush, but at the same time they did have the vampires outside cornered. Once again, both teams were at an impasse. They could try and burst out on the vampires immediately if they so wished, or quickly re-group.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Team 2

It would seem that the models had heard the conversation as well, or at least some of them appeared to be reacting – most appeared nonplussed. One girl hissed rather undiscreetly that she could NOT believe that Davey had hooked up with that blood-sucking tart, after all, didn’t he have any loyalty to the rest of them. The Hunters could ask the models a couple of questions if they so wished on that front.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“And what if we get caught in the cross-fire? Is it really worth the risk? Even if we escape Williams… where do we go?”

“So you doubt me? I don’t want to stay here and watch you be dragged off to be some Prince’s boy toy. You’re mine and I’m not surrendering you. Leave your little compatriots to their sick bed, they’ll get all they deserve. I know how they mock you, they’re not worth the worry.”


The first voice sounded like it definitely belonged to the man, and ‘Davey’ was rarely a girl’s name. However, the second voice, the more commanding one appeared to sound female in nature. It sounded like this vamp-gal had a plan in mind. It also sounded like they had impacted against the wall.

“And I don’t want that either… I don’t want to be someone else’s pet Marshinka, but I don’t want to be lost the second we walk out that door…”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It seemed Mike and the model also could hear Marshinka and Davey’s conversation, it appeared to be upsetting some of them for reasons unknown to the Hunters.

“Then your friends need to be careful… Things are complicated here, and Davey’s much happier with his current position than any of us knew,” he whispered back. “I don’t want to leave anyone behind, but we do need to be really careful here…”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If Carl and Tara proceeded to try and look for the sick models, they would find that if they peered round the main door on this level, they would be looking on communal rooms. From their vantage point, they would be able to see that some had beds and small cabinets, and that there was a small kitchenette. Two doors down to the left of this kitchenette, deep coughing could be heard – that must be where the sick models were.

However, if they peered to their right, they would be able to see that Marshinka had dispensed with trying to talk Davey out of his fears, and that the pair seemed to be indulging in an active make-out session. This would have Marshinka distracted from her duties, but only for so long.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If Diarmuid, Niamh and Barrett so wished, they could proceed to try and hustle the rest of the models onwards down the stairs into the basement and to the catacombs below to safety. However, they would have to get down to the basement level where their van was first. They could wait on Carl and Tara if they wished, but they would have to make their decision immediately to ensure the safety of their targets.

((PS - I want everyone to have posted by Tuesday please - I would like to up our update schedule somewhat))
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Let's move, folks. Come on, don't stop, you can get out of here if you move now, but if we don't move the bloodsuckers will come down on all of us." Barrett abandoned his rearguard and started down towards the front of the group, somewhat awkwardly encouraging the models as he went. Into the radio, he whispered, "Team Two, we need to keep these people moving or whatever's going on upstairs is going to crawl up our backsides. Someone take up rearguard, I'm gonna lead them down and out." With his words, Barrett reached the front of the pack, took a model by the arm and pulled him down the stairs, whispering, "Grab a friend, have her grab a friend, and let's get you out of here." If the model started moving, Barrett would release the man's arm and resume his firing stance as he moves off down the stairs, all his senses once again alert.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1081
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Jaze didn't start out with Detect Unholy this time... He's got Holy Light. Sad ))

Jaze quickly grabbed the gun that skittered to his feet and dual-wielded them. He charged up his Holy Light and listened; there were several vampires on the other side of the door, but he couldn't tell where they were.

Cocking his head at the rest of the team and indicating they should follow, Jaze proceeded slowly to the door, his feet treading softly. When he was close enough, he launched himself through the door, sending out a burst of Holy Light. Hopefully they would be blinded or worse...
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diarmuid stayed at the rear guard. he radioed a terse 'keep in touch, and be quick' message to his follow group, letting them know that he would stay behind to wait for them and provide backup if necessary. He hoped they wouldn't need it, but such hopes were often in vain. But better to keep reserves than to commit the whole force first.

He kept the last of the first group of models moving past him as he waited.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl entered around the door with his sword sheathed, the snogging pair marked themselves at the edge of his vision at the same time his hand twitched towards his sword, a movement quickly arrested. On the one hand he didn't want the pair to come across them while they were trying to evac the hostages and to have to fight both groups at once, on the other they might not be particularly smart folks. He stepped clear of the door so he could draw his sword quickly if needs be and cleared his throat.
"Hey you two, this might be a good night to take your relationship to a nice motel somewhere on the quiet."
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niamh nodded and spoke quietly into her radio to Dia, "Tell the gang to be careful, apparently our source was unaware of how entranced his friend was in the current lifestyle."

Niamh turned back to Mike and whispered, "Not to worry, they know how to handle themselves. Now get a move on so we can get this gang to safety."


((sorry about that, i actually knew he was at front but changed thoughts mid post))
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]


Last edited by Feaelen on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team 2: ((Starting with Team 2 this time, because I feel like it. XP Gonna move things along, we have incoming new players soon. Fea, check previous posts please as Spin has already stated that Barret was taking vanguard.))

Barrett’s model got something of a surprise and tugged his arm away, apparently indignant at the idea of being led like a puppy. However, the models had seemed to realise that no matter what, at this point they had already come too far to run and hide in their kennels now.

As Barrett was at the vanguard of the slow procession down the stairs and hopefully onto freedom, it was he who would be ‘greeted’ by So-Macho once more, when they were half way towards their goal. He was clearly very perplexed to see them – fights occurring on other floors were still audible as they raged in the distance. So-Macho himself would be immediately flanked by three other vampires who appeared unarmed. However, fighting would be tough on the stairwell, given the scared civilians that they were moving along, and the lack of space to manoeuvre.

So-Macho fixed his belligerent glare directly on Barrett – he hadn’t liked the would-be caterers earlier and he liked them even less now he found them with moving around food supplies that they shouldn’t have been touching in the first place.

“Where do you think you’re going? This is a lockdown!” he snapped, staring the puny humans down – behind him the three visible flunkies all tensed up.

Barrett could try and talk his way out of this one, but So-Macho’s inclinations appeared to be towards verbal abuse or tearing his way through the models and the caterers and his lackeys were quite clearly geared up for a fight. On the other hand, he could try and take him by surprise.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Get a move on meat-bag…”

“ARGH!”


Directly on the half landing below Barrett, Diarmuid and Niamh, if Diarmuid or Niamh craned their necks they would be able to see that one of So-Macho’s flunkies who had been lagging behind was dragging someone along with them, and giving them a bit of a kicking while they did so. The “meat-bag” appeared to be blond and dressed in the same uniform as Team 2. Had they taken Ben hostage?

There would be 5 vampires in total for the splinter with the models to deal with.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hey you two, this might be a good night to take your relationship to a nice motel somewhere on the quiet."

The male model let loose a rather high “Holy crap!” as he sprung apart from the guard, whereas once the guard jumped back, she turned around to glare at Carl and let loose a rather animalistic hiss.

“Ever heard of knocking?” she growled. “Get out of here now – nobody ordered to room service.”

At this point, it was clear that she hadn’t considered Tara and Carl as worthy threats – now would be a good time to put that fact to their advantage.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Team 1:

‘Man, that HURT!’

While Jaze took point at the door, Jae Kim muttered to herself under her breath and wiped under nose with the back of her hand. Dang, it was bleeding… they’d be able to smell her. But it wasn’t like it was bad or haemorrhaging or anything like that. It’d stop pretty soon.

She scrambled back to her knees and to fetch her flick knife and pull out a stake from her handy bag, just in time to catch Jaze’s signal to move out. Hold on, he had two guns! Why couldn’t she get one of them? Apart from the fact, she’d only ever had very VERY basic firearms training, hadn’t had that much interest in it, didn’t even know what kind of gun it was…

Jae Kim followed Jaze closely as he burst out the door, and went for the vampire closest to her left…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As Jaze jumped out from behind the door, his burst of Holy Light would take the pair of vampire guards who had been hiding behind the door by surprise – there would be a lot of shouting and swearing, as both fell to their knees. The fellow who had been closer to the door would drop his gun, and both fellows would be blinded for a minute or so.

However, Jaze’s attack would not take out the 3rd bodyguard who had been staying at Williams’ side. He would rush the young man, punching him rather squarely on the chin.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jae Kim went after the fellow who had dropped his gun, moving to try and stab him in the back, rather literally…

((Sorry updates have been so scarce recently - I am going to work towards improving my update ratio to at least once/twice a week. Since coming back to uni however, I've had a lot of stuff that's had to get done though. I'll try and find a balance and start updating more frequently, possibly as soon as all the members to 75% from splinter groups have posted for their section.))
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl stepped forwards raising his hands towards the vampire at eye level as if to placate her.

"Sorry miss...?"

The warm feelling of power washed over him, like standing in the sun on a bright summer's day, he let it flow out through his palms blasting across the handful of interveening inches to meet the vampire's eyes. Carl winced slightly at the brightness of the backwash despite the fact he was directing it away from himself.

His right foot hooked round the inside in a low crescent heading for the side of the vamp's knee, one hand dropped towards her shoulder getting ready to pull the moment his foot landed on the floor again, the other kept going forwards following the wake of his blast, fingers seeking her eyes.
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Wait, I have targets now. Feae can take vanguard if she wants...))

Barrett cursed categorically to himself for having missed the warning tingle of approaching vamps. As rapidly and yet discreetly as he could, he slid his drawn weapon back into the crook of his arm, glad that it was a comparatively small pistol. He turned to the side to gesture back up the stairs: "What, us? Umm, we, uh, we heard 'lockdown' and lots of noises, so we thought, you know, we thought we were supposed to go, you know, down." As he did, he slid his pistol into his back pocket and drew a stake from his back harness, keeping his hand behind him to hide it. If he got rushed in the stairwell, he could probably hold out for a short while, but he'd need back up rapidly. He raised his voice slightly, hoping his team would hear the confrontation over the noise of the models. "Where should we go sir? Nobody told us anything, we just wanted to get away from the noises upstairs." He leaned forward nervously, and lowered his voice. "Someone said they heard people yelling, and even shooting!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1081
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaze hadn't been expecting another vampire; the hit took him squarely in the jaw. The surprise made his finger clench on the trigger, causing him to accidentally fire his right gun forward--possibly into the gut of the attacking vampire.

Reeling back, Jaze was disoriented for a split second before finding his place again. He saw four vampires, one of which was dressed a little nicer than the others. Williams. He fired his right gun several times at the blinded vampire to the right while simultaneously firing the left gun at the vampire who caught his jaw. As per usual, Jaze's shots were aimed for either side of the chest and for the head.
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diarmuid heard Barrett's attempt to bluff ther foes. he didn't wait to see it fail. Instead, he took a syringe in each hand and flung them one after the other into the chests of the lead vampires. He followed up with a burst of holy light just as they were about to hit, as usual. And as usual, he shouted the code word ((i forget what it was now)) that would let the team know to cover their eyes. He was aware that the models wouldn't react to this, and would be caught by the burst as well. but this was their best chance. their vision would soon clear.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niamh lightly brushed her hand against Mike's arm as the vampires approached, and 'spoke' to Barrett, trying to pull his attention to her. She didn't think the lead guy looked like he would buy Barrett's act but before she could make any move Dia did it for her. Niamh heard the code word and whispered softly in Mike's ear, cover your eyes, as she instinctively closed her own eyes.

While Nimah waited with her eyes closed she pulled an arrow from her quiver and through rote memory loaded her bow while holding it in front of her, blocked from view by the model in front of her. She figured she'd best come out of this blast fighting given their cover was definitely blown now.
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team 1:

Jae Kim would manage to stab the her target and finish it successfully - the stake was long and sharp enough. However, since she was basically piggy-backing on the poor fellow, as he crumbled to ash she would get a lungful of it and then dumped on the floor rather unceremoniously.

Jaze's shot hit the 3rd bodyguard in the stomach - it wasn't a killing stroke, but it wasn't a picnic for the vampire either. In the background, Williams was attempting to crawl back from the fight.

On Jaze's second attack when he stepped back, he would managed to finish the 3rd bodyguard, but his shots went a little wide on the 1st bodyguard, and he hit him in the shoulder instead, knocking him off balance and flat on his butt.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jae Kim coughed and spluttered a bit as she tried to work herself back up from the floor. For seem reason, today seemed to be a day she'd spend flat on her face half the time.

She did her best to recover, but she would be slightly wonky as she picked her stake back up and tried to assess the situation. Her eyes widen as she realised that their prime target was attempting to slip away... Lackeys didn't wear suits that expensive, did they?

"Holy... Jaze! Williams! You get him, I'll get the other one!" she yelped, trying to strategise as quickly as she could.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Team 2

"Where should we go sir? Nobody told us anything, we just wanted to get away from the noises upstairs. Someone said they heard people yelling, and even shooting!"

"Oh don't give me that load of..." So-Macho began - he was cut off by Diarmuid attack.

Diarmuid's attacks with the syringes were unsuccesful in actually hitting any of the vampires - they flung waaay overhead and crashed onto the stairs below. Some of the Holy water would splash onto one of the vampire's hands, burning them but it would only alert the vampires to their true nature.

"... They're not from a Prince, and they're packin' heat!" he shouted; his hand reached inside his jacket, pulling a gun from a shoulder rig, just after Diarmuid let rip with Holy Light.

So-Macho's face changed from belligerent to animal fury in an instant - he leapt for Barret, back-handing him firmly across the jaw.

The vampire who reached into his shoulder rig, began to shoot wildly at Diarmuid, but instead managed to hit some of the models in front of him instead. The Holy Light blast must have temporarily blinded him.

Screaming and panicking would ensue as the models either tried to bolt up the stairs or down, to get away from the firing line. The second vampire who had been trailing So-Macho reached into his jacket as well, but he seemed to be rather dazed and confused in the wake of the Holy Light blast, still unable to see.

Niamh would have a window to take out at least one of the two gunmen, but it was her choice entirely who to go after. Diarmuid would have to get much closer in order to engage the vampires properly. Barrett would have a small window of opportunity in the wake of the Holy Light to get So-Macho.

(How many syringes left?)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The guard shrieked loudly as Carl attacked with Holy Light, and crumpled to her knees, hands covering her face. The male model had been taken by surprise as well, and he slid down the wall rubbing at his eyes. They were in an enclosed space, and there wasn't exactly anywhere to run to.

Carl would have an opportunity to take her out here...
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((2 I think))

Dia cursed at seeing the models hit. But better that than what they'd been living. Without a pause, he whipped out a stake and one of his meagre supply of syringes, and flung himself over the stair rail ((assuming it's less than a storey. if not, i'll edit)), aiming to come down feet first on the head of the gunman. If he succeeded, he'd proceed to stake the gunman using the downward momentum.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright © Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group