FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Table-top and Book-run RPG discussion thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Grimwatch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard of Battle tech, never played it.

Also, Warhammer, 40K (Short for Warhammer 40,000) et all may be found here..

For the record I play a Space Marine chapter. Blessed be Him on Earth!
(And on ocassion Eldar, because... well... they're futuristic elves with guns and anti-grav based vehicles. Whats not to like?)
Also my local wargaming club is running a Blood Bowl league atm, 2 rounds in and I haven't lost yet. Ok, I haven't won a game either, but with my record in any game, a draw is as good as a win to me Very Happy . (Besides, If I cause more casulties during play than the other guy, that counts as a moral victory for Orcs, right?)

My necromunda gang got erm... trashed completely. I try not to think about that last game Shocked

Coach of the Maulers 'n' Brawlers Blood Bowl team - winner of the "Most casualties inflicted on opponents" award for T.A.G 2008, mwahaha...
Cypher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Orks is never beaten in battle. If we win, we win. If we die, we die, so it doesn't count as beat. And if we run away, we can always come back for annuva go, see?"

Space Marines are cool, but I like Chaos Space Marines better. The same cool armor and superhuman stats, plus demonic superpowers. But Eldar are still my favorites.

For those of you RPGing 40k fans, there is a game called Inquisitor, which can be found online for FREE. It's labeled as a skirmish wargame, but with a little imagination, you can turn it into an RPG. I highly recommend it for those of you who have always wanted to strap on a bolter and go kill stuff in the name of the God-Emperor.

Battletech is fun. Complicated, and I've yet to find a rulebook in any store, but 15 meter tall giant robots with lasers, railguns, and enough missiles to flatten a city block? Yeah, I'm there. Long live Clan Ghost Bear!

Officially dubbed Pez by AsA
Cypher = code = problem = puzzle = Puzz = Pez

Keeper of Skogul's berserk rage, and the Endless Void.
LordLegion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Battletech once but it made my brain hurt.

And in Warhammer 40k I play a valiant BLACK TEMPLAR CRUSADE!

No official name for the crusade as of yet though, I am waiting until a friend finishes his Necron army.

The next army I am going to build is either going to be an Imperial Guard army where all the guardsmen look like punks and street thugs (aka, lots of Necromunda models) or an Ork army.

It's pronunced Orks not Orcs. 'Ose dis Tolkeen git anyway?

I used to think everyday I didn't wake up and gargle a few rounds from a revolver was a victory, but little "golden" moments like this make me wonder, "A victory for who?"
Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive, 9-12-2002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inquisitor RPG. The tabletop version beats 40K, IMO (I don't have the patience or the funds for a large tabletop army like my twin brother does; he plays Guard, D Eldar, Bretonnians, and I think Dark Elves) and the characters are more interesting.

Trickier though it is, dactylic hex of the epic-ish style:
"Alt" he is called and his reign is the fierce and the making of pretties.
Cypher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislike the Guard. The only thing good about them are their tanks. Orks is da bestest.

Also, it's actually spelled both ways. 40K spells it Ork, but the fantasy version spells it Orc. So only 40K orks use the K.

Inquisitor is definately the way to go if you don't have much money. Those models are really expensive, but Inquistor just needs about five plus the free rules, and if you really wanted, you could make chips with marks showing which way they face. Economic and entertaining.

Officially dubbed Pez by AsA
Cypher = code = problem = puzzle = Puzz = Pez

Keeper of Skogul's berserk rage, and the Endless Void.
LordLegion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Also, it's actually spelled both ways. 40K spells it Ork, but the fantasy version spells it Orc. So only 40K orks use the K.

Oh I know about the difference in the spellings. I got that off of a fake motivational poster which was for the orks of 40k. I at least thought it was humorous.

I used to think everyday I didn't wake up and gargle a few rounds from a revolver was a victory, but little "golden" moments like this make me wonder, "A victory for who?"
Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive, 9-12-2002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: