FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Bering RPG Chapter 1.5: Maiden Voyage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieli nodded to the captian's comments and then headed back to the engine room where she could prepare for the coming battle.

She made it to the engine room just as the ship passed through the portal. It always felt strange to her, but nothing that would cause her harm.

Thieli continued into the engine room and checked over the dials and displays to make sure that the engines were still up to snuff the Captain came over the comm with their instructions to attend battle stations.

Thieli pressed the comm, "Captain, the engine room is ready for action, let me know if you need anything special from the ship."

Thieli turned off the comm and smiled her predators smile to noone in particular (as she's alone in the engine room now), "Well my pretty engine we'll see what you can do..."
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Asa



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 3531
Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leah gave a small salute to the captain and turned to Gibbs. "Mr. Gibbs, if you could give me a minute of your time before things heat up, I won't bother you any longer." There was a hint of steel in Leah's voice, and very little room for questioning. This was her job, she was very good at it, and she would do her job at all costs.


{{I dunno how we wanna work this examination... should we just gloss it over with "Leah checked him out and pronounced him good to go"? Should people PM me the condition of their characters so I can include it in my post?}}
_________________
Self-styled Forum Grandmother, because I hand out nicknames and hugs whether you want them or not. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
__________________
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended...
Give me your hands if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This is really not the time, Miss Gregory, thank you. I think you can see, I'm rather busy, and things have already begun to 'heat up'." His words were interspersed with pauses as he adjusted various controls, bringing their target in towards the arc of the ship's main guns. "I've been through plenty of launches and gates in my time. I am aware of the potential side effects, and I shall let you know if any arise. In the meantime, retaining the element of surprise is rather important."

Why on, or off, Earth would the woman think this was an appropriate time to be giving the pilot a medical examination, whether the captain had given permission or not? She only had to look out of the cockpit to see that they were in a combat situation already.

((Fun =D you're welcome to conduct your examination however works. But seriously, he's a busy man, and there really aren't a couple of minutes to spare))
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolaoi



Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 247
Location: The Empire in the South

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johanna von Saschen was becoming exited. "Ja Herr...I mean, yes sir." She noticed a cold air between Miss Heit and Mr Gibbs that made her even more uneasy. Anna quickly left the bridge to take her place in the turrets. Her hand brushed against the door-way to the bridge. She ripped her hand away from a sudden shock. Her electrical implant was working up. Anna began her breaths again.

The area of the turret was no nonsense. Everything had its place. Anna rather liked it. She plucked a helmet from the wall and placed it over her head. The snugness of the helmet gave her a slight sense of security. She began to move much more calmly as she went about a thorough check of the equipment before settling in the seat. She found the gun much more advanced than what she was used to, but she was able to recognize most things.

There was an intercom with several small buttons. Under each was writing in English, German, French, and an Alien Language. One said turret one, she pressed it.

"Hello, Mr Raude? This is Miss von Saschen. I'm finished with my preps and ready. How are things at your station?"

As she finished saying this she pulled a lever. The canopy which until that had been encased in a shell opened to reveal the outside world. Anna gasped.

"Gott im Himmel... es ist sehr schön."

She had experienced space flight, but it never ceased to leave her breathless. It was hard to believe how space was so dark with all those stars and nebulae. She had seen no work of art like this in Dresden. No artist could capture this on a canvas. For a moment she forgot her fears, but an ominous shadow approaching the ship brought her back to reality.

((turret 2))


****
Yes sir

God in Heaven... it's so beautiful.
_________________
Talked to a man who caught the
raninbow's end he found
That the pot of gold resided within
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien stirred in his seat, shifting forward against the harness with a bit of a wheeze. He'd been stationary so long he'd slouched, which his lower back was now regretting. Now was not the time for complaints about his posture, now was the time to mount a rescue effort. First, they would have to take care of whatever strange ships were in their way. When Gibbs came across the two-way, he happily acknowledged.

"Just say the word when you have us in the proper arc, the deck guns can adjust slightly. We will see if that fancy ship of his can withstand naval weaponry.."

Calm again, he smiled happily to himself. He never considered himself much of a warmonger, but in truth he had been trained to do really only two things. Given that he wasn't sweeping or mopping floors right now, that left him the task of handling the weapons on the Bering. A task, in fact, he was very happy to do.

As he reached out and adjusted his sights, sliding a second sight into place beyond the first. The second sight was kept from flying off by a coil of wires, which stretched down from the top of the gun controls and to a panel by the wall. The panel also held a display containing several measurement units. It was a complex array of devices that measured the pressures in both weapons, and simple indicators for whether or not they were loaded. They were, in fact, both loaded.

Listening to Johanna with a coy grin, he adjusted the second sight on his weapon to hone in on the range to the target. Nothing was instantaneous, not with human technology. Part of him yearned for whatever the fighter pilot was flying.

"Things are good here Miss von Saschen. My name is Damien, please feel free to use it if you would like to."

Finishing his range adjustments, he smiled at her next line.

Gott im Himmel... es ist sehr schön
"I may not know much of your language, but... Ja, es ist atemberaubend."

---------------------

atemberaubend = breathtaking, or thereabouts

To note: My German is severely limited. As in, limited to what I could use for pick-up lines. I learned enough to woo a multilingual girl once, and I've forgotten half of it. XD
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Asa



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 3531
Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Mr. Gibbs, I am a Doctor, and I will ask you to address me as such. And as ship's medic, I am your doctor, and you are my responsibility. You don't even have to stop working - just expect the pinch." The alien device Leah held in her hand had been in circulation among doctors for about a year, and had 100% success ratings. It had begun making it's way earthside in the last few months, and Leah had finally acquired one for herself. She waited for Gibbs's acknowledgment before pressing the tip against Gibbs's neck above his collar. A few seconds later the data was scrolling across the screen, recording heightened pulse and other marks of excitement, but nothing outside the normal margin of error.

"Thank you for your patience, Mr. Gibbs," she said firmly as she turned away to find another crew member.


{{Sorry for the delay!}}
_________________
Self-styled Forum Grandmother, because I hand out nicknames and hugs whether you want them or not. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
__________________
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended...
Give me your hands if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.


Last edited by Asa on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Sorry I haven't done this earlier, I've been struggling to find the words to put it together. There'll be a much longer one once Gibbs does the dramatic “Fire!” thing <g>))

The Bering swung it's nose up under Gibbs' expert handling, and brought her guns to bore. Recognizing this movement immediately, a flurry of jets and exhaust spat out from the nose of the fighter. As the fighter began to swing around to get out of the Bering's main guns, the distant glow of engines began to warm on the vessel attached to the Tacoma.

Within the Bering, everything was coming alive. As the last of the systems primed for combat, every gage in the engine room was dancing happily. Everything was in it's place, and everything felt ready for a fight... as if the vessel herself wished to take revenge on the pirates who had sundered her sister-ship.

--------------------------------------

Aboard the Tacoma, Mitch and Doctor Berkham were momentarily left in the calm before the storm. Berkham moved forward, nodding to nothing in particular and reaching out a hand to his shoulder. It rest there for a moment as she look up at him, attempting to read his face for something... Then, her hand coldly slid across his shoulder and to his neck, two fingers pressed tightly to his neck. Mitch could feel his own pulse pushing back against her fingertips.

“Mister Larsen, exactly how long have you been awake, at this point...?”

Mitch could already see the doctor fiddling with something in her hip pouch. Her hands were steady now, focused in her task. A task that didn't involve the same scene she had seen for days, at least. From within the hip pouch she drew out a small packaged stimulant. With a practiced motion, slid her thumb against the plunger and pulled two fingers to the needle's cover at the bottom. She paused, continuing to watch him and wait for his answer.

“I won't have you losing consciousness, I'm not a fighter...”

From the ground nearby, a hoarse electronic voice called in sharp tones. It took a moment to register it's location: a two-way radio at the hip of one of the attackers.

...repeat, the catalyst isn't here! We're scuttling the Tacoma, everybody back to the ship!
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Very well, Doctor Gregory," Gibbs said with exaggerated courtesy. He winced slightly at the effects of the device, but he knew he was in perfect health.

"Captain, main guns coming to bear. Ready to fire on your command." Gibbs was used to the formalities of command, and he suspected the captain might appreciate them as well. "Second target is beginning to move off too, sir."

Keeping the command chain appraised during action was always of use.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Gibbs brought the nose of the Bering up, aimed directly at the smaller vessel's frantic attempts to get out of the way. The fighter had already twisted itself sideways, and a glow from it's rear signaled the massive thrust it was about to unleash.

"Now, Mister Raude!" Captain Eisner called, his palm pressed down onto the PA system.

Barely a moment later, the entire ship seemed to shake. The bridge and gunnery crews could see steam ejecting violently from twin barrels along the Bering's forward body, like deck guns on a massive naval vessel. Without any sort of friction in space, two massive metal slugs rocketed out and away from Bering at speeds impossible to track visually, trailing wisps of steam the whole way.

Steam shot out in a quickly freezing cloud, momentarily blocking the view of the fighter from the bridge and gunnery turrets. As more steam followed the massive round from each barrel, it buffeted the rest of the crystallizing formation. The last of the steam sputtered outward, sending the cloud of frozen water away from the ship a bit. Even at this distance the sun in this system cast a prism's rainbow through the crystal formation, and across the hulls of all of the ships nearby.

This was made all the more impressive when the fighter lurched again, this time spinning violently from the impact of one of the rounds. A massive slug plunged into one of the wings near the base, almost completely severing it from it's mounting points. Spinning violently, the fighter jammed it's throttle to full and engaged a raw fuel dump into it's engine reactor. In a brilliant flash of light, the fighter zipped cleanly across the view screen and out of range of the second shell.

And then it turned around.

Like an angry hornet from a nest freshly struck, it lashed out with both wings worth of missiles at the Bering. Warning lights flooded the gunnery positions and the bridge, notifying all present of the fate the fighter just suffered, only twenty-four times worse.

"Well, I think we definitely managed to piss it off!" Eisner laughed, "Let's see if it can fly on one wing, take it away Mister Gibbs!"
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Asa



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 3531
Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leah stumbled against a wall, unprepared for the sudden jerk of the ship's reaction, and felt a twinge in her ankle. Heart pounding and muttering a string of words in Hebrew and English, she made her way back to the infirmary. She had hoped to get to more of the crew members before engaging the enemy, but the exchange with Gibbs had taken too much time. They were all experience spacers, she'd have to ignore the inner voice shouting, "Unprofessional!" and leave them be.


{{She may have done something to her ankle, we'll see. The 'string of words' doesn't mean much of anything, it's just a bilingual stream-of-consciousness. With the last bit I wanted to emphasize that while she's giving up in the face of overwhelming circumstances, she's NOT happy about it, and feels as if she's failing in her duties.}}
_________________
Self-styled Forum Grandmother, because I hand out nicknames and hugs whether you want them or not. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
__________________
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended...
Give me your hands if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rolaoi



Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 247
Location: The Empire in the South

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were several devices for aiming that Anna took her time adjusting as the ship came closer. She did so as calmly as she could. A red light turned green; a shell was loaded. The orders came over the com, she flipped a switch, another button became on her controls. She breathed in deeply. Time seemed to slow. Her closed her eyes and squeezed the button. There was no sound, but she could feel an energy in the air as the shell left the barrel causing the barrel to retract from a recoil.

She kept her eyes closed. Anna didn't want to see what had happened, but she made herself count.
"Eins...zwei...drei...vier...fünf." She opened her eyes.

The fighter was missing a wing, but it could still zip away from the guns. Little pricks of light streamed away from its wings. She wondered dimly what they were when warning lights lit up. A chill went down her spine.

((turret))
***
1...2...3...4...5
_________________
Talked to a man who caught the
raninbow's end he found
That the pot of gold resided within
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Mister Larsen, exactly how long have you been awake, at this point...?”

Mitch shrugged. "What time is it? I'll try to figure." He closed his eyes as Berkham pulled out the stimulant. Calm... Calm....

The medic watched him. "I won't have you losing consciousness; I'm not a fighter..."

Mitch smirked. “I’m perfectly alright. I just... don’t like needles. Hurry it up, if you please.” He looked forcefully away from Berkham’s hands.
He heard something. A voice. Soft, crackling, electronic. Almost too quiet to hear. A radio!
Something... “scuttling the Tacoma, everybody back....

“~Feces!~ No, it wasn’t the poke. I’m fine! Lindsay, we have to go. The pirates are planning to vent Tacoma.” Mitch’s mind was whirring, and the buzzing of adrenaline filled his ears.
Okay, Calm... Calm...
Screw it.

“Wait here,” Mitch ordered. “I’ll be right back.”

Mitch ran down the corridor, careful to stay quiet. Please, Lord, don’t let them have found it.
When he reached his quarters, Mitch tried not to be surprised by the damage. His mattress was slashed, clothing was strewn around, his luggage was ripped apart, and the glass from a framed photograph of Mitch and his two sisters glinted in tiny pieces on the floor. Ignore it. You have a responsibility to Tacoma and her crew.
Mitch stepped through the clothing, careful of the shards, to the small closet. He looked up at the ceiling, nearly a foot lower than the rest of the room, and breathed a sigh of relief. A couple sharp raps in the right places and the false panel fell into his waiting hands. Carefully setting down the metal to avoid making noise, Mitch grabbed the duffle bag it had hidden and plucked four small metal cubes from the corners of the panel. Unzipping the back, he exchanged the trinkets for large gun and slung the bag over his shoulder.
As Mitch turned to leave, his eye caught the picture of him and his sisters, still in its thin frame. He tucked it in his bag and ran back to Berkham in the medical bay, putting the final touches on the plan he had been building since the stimulants had renewed his focus.

Edit: Fixed formating errors.
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert


Last edited by theBSDude on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbs slapped his intercom to ship-wide. "Incoming fire. Taking evasive action. Hands, brace for impact."

((Basically, get to your seats, and if you can't, get as close as possible to some kind of solid structure, meaning that you can't fly around too much in violent impacts. Violent impacts WILL shake the ship up, despite the gravity generators - those compensate for expected direction changes, but not for those caused by outside agents.))

He flung the ship through a series of tight turns and spirals designed to confuse the missiles' tracking systems, bring them into explosive proximity with one another, expose them to the point defence turrets and generally get out of the way.

((Do we have any countermeasures on board - jamming, flares, chaff etc?))
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside of the Bering, those without a view of the outside had only Gibbs' warning to give them any idea why the red lights were now flashing. Normal flood lights dimmed, some of the bulbs going dark completely. As the red lights spun in their casings, casting long red shadows down the hallways, the ship seemed as still and as quiet as the world beyond the hull.

Outside of the Bering, it was different scene entirely. Bright blue and white flares shot out of the Bering's tail as she turned sharply. The nose rose, then dove suddenly as the vessel twisted and turned again in the opposite direction. Jets of exhaust shone brightly from behind the vessel as she spun in practiced patterns, and rising through the trails of half-burnt matter were two dozen slender hulls.

Each of these two dozen careened almost haphazardly through the wake the Bering left. A few of them split off as brilliant flares floated past. The first of the ones that veered toward a flare almost vanished in an instant. Chunks of it's metal hull split and drew inward to a central point, a darker black against a star scape.

Another of the missiles drew close enough that it, too, was sucked into the implosion. It's engines flared wildly as it tried to escape, but to no avail. As this one's munition fell into the first, there was a brilliant flash of light. Two jets of energy exploded outward opposite one another, before the source vanished almost as quickly as it all began.

Gibbs continued his maneuvers, forcing more of the slender vessels to crash into one another. As each did, the same process repeated. The Bering's wake splintered into a dozen trails outward in all directions, with small tide pools remaining where the missiles collided with one another.

Inside the Bering, the hallways were darkened by the draw of the engines and maneuvering thrusters. Each tight turn passed the limits of normal flight, and the hull groaned it's protest. Gravity and innertia began to take their tole on the secondary systems of the Bering, as each turn became slightly more noticeable than the last. All this, without an increase in output from the artificial gravity.

The hull groaned again, crying out as two missiles imploded and expanded violently off the tail of the ship. Secondary white lights flooded Engineering and Medical as pipes and beams hissed their protest. One of the steam generators gave an exasperated sigh before releasing all the steam it held in one heavy breath.

On the bridge, Gibbs was flying almost blind. With no way of seeing behind him, he could only hope to continue his maneuvers and avoid what he could. For now, the tactic was working well enough though. The turns and twists would even feel very, very slightly like a bomber plane might in the same maneuvers.

------------------------------

The gunnery turrets of the Bering were a combination of wild roller coaster and tumbling sphere. Stars whipped by with incredible speed, changing direction almost randomly. From the position the three turrets had, they were capable of swiveling to the rear and seeing the wake and explosions behind the Bering.

Each turret was connected via a system of bearings to a "ring" in the hull of the ship. This gave the turrets plenty of fluid motion, but also a great deal of stability when fired. The controls for turning were simple: foot pedals with straps to keep the feet well secured. Up and down motions of the dual machine guns were dictated by the swing of the two grips offered each gunner. One trigger for each grip, one for each barrel.

------------------------------

Aboard the Tacoma, Mitch was nearly skipping back down the hallway when a figure exited from the medical bay. The figure was almost wrapped around a much larger form, shuffling the body out into the hallway and toward the stairs to the bridge. On these stairs, a small panel in the wall was open to reveal a large life raft. Inside were already two others, and the dimmed lights from within revealed them to be the crew.

The figure seemed oblivious to Mitch, likely due to the strain of carrying the body. As he approached, he could make out the once-white frock that was familiar medical attire. Blond hair, matted with dirt and blood, tangled it's way over the shoulders and back of the young woman as she struggled with one of their attackers.

Her surgeon's hands had removed the man's armor and weapon, and she was now carrying him toward the life raft. The man's hair was matted with sweat, and his forehead was split in a nasty wound from a kick. Otherwise, he looked fairly healthy. He was the only survivor from Mitch's attack, the other two having not been so lucky as to escape alive.

There was a commotion from up the stairs, footsteps that never bothered to check the fate of their comrades below. All of the shouted words were in another language, one Mitch was not well versed in and could not comprehend. He could, however, tell they were in a hurry.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Asa



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 3531
Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{Yee gosh, what is your medic doing?}}


Leah stumbled again in the doorway to the infirmary and eventually made it over to the chair/operating table/medic's station. Until the ship leveled out she wouldn't be any help. Her ankle twinged again and she winced, knowing now that it was at least minimally twisted. Pulling out her tiny pocket book of Psalms, Leah began whispering the prayers, waiting until she would be useful. With G-d's help, she wouldn't need to do anything other than cook a celebratory dinner.

{{Again, the Psalms are prayers we say whenever we want something (health, luck, confidence, religious connection, etc.), or have a few spare moments, depending on your religious observance. She's saying them with the intent that they're a medium for her prayer for luck, life and safety in the battle. I picked a really boring character, didn't I...}}
_________________
Self-styled Forum Grandmother, because I hand out nicknames and hugs whether you want them or not. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
__________________
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended...
Give me your hands if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright © Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group