FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Mecha Knights OOC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

JackAce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left these issues deliberately vague, based on my experience from P&P RPGs that players usually come up with way better (and more amusing) explanations on how they screwed than a GM ever could. Very Happy

A few possible examples regarding your arm:

The structural elements might be warped, so if you try to aim the weapon attached to the arm at a target, what the computer thinks should be a perfect aim is actually a few degrees off target.

OR

The main Servos might be blown, and the backup servos react way slower than what you're used to. So any motion with that arm will cost you more time than usual.

OR

One of the joints might be jammed entirely and won't move at all, while all other joints move just fine.

As to the Devastator missiles, any vehicle caught in a direct hit from these suckers will be pretty much toast. The vehicles to either side could sustain some damage from the missile blast, but the debris from the destroyed vehicle might actually do more damage.

If you aim a missile at the ground between two vehicles, both will sustain heavy damage, but probably survive.

Mecha can sustain a lot more damage than vehicles, but then again Cossack fired both of his missiles at once!

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to trouble you with another question, as you've answered my others so wonderfully.. but how many vehicles make up the eastern line? And how closely together are they set up? I ask because, to accomplish what I'm thinking (and I'm sure you can guess) I'll get only one shot.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
JackAce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five vehicles, two with lasers on the flanks, three with missiles in the center.

They came down the road in single file and then spread out into a broad formation as they neared the combat zone.

Each vehicle is about 4mx8m and currently each is about 6m apart from the next.

Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference in looking at my post. I like visual aids a lot, heh.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tyris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenshi wrote:
A cylindrical body, larger at it's rear than it's front
That would be a truncated conical body. Razz Wink

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tyris: So it would, so it would. I had another description in mind, and apparently I switched them while writing. Or, well, merged them. This is an important lesson, kids! Don't take NyQuil for illness and post! ::falls over::

Red Skelton
JackAce

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fea wrote:
((again with the assumptions, Kara sent a coded message to the Knights to retreat, Brynhildr didn't actually make any move of attack or retreat as i wanted the gang to have time to react before she covered their retreat. I didn't want to put too many actions into one post.))

If you're referring to this:
Lope wrote:
Noting that Brynhildr was seemingly retreating from him...

That's's a reaction to this:
Fea wrote:
...as she began firing her gatling laser at the damaged area of the Princes mecha as she slowly backed Brynhildr towards the Vayne border.

I know you didn't turn around and run for the border, but you did retreat from melee with the Prince.

Feaelen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dude, crack that up to fever at work. I honestly looked for what that reply was referencing for 30min and couldn't find it anywhere. Glargh!

I even thought i'd posted something wrt firing the gatling laser but couldn't find the info in the post. stupid speed reading brain!

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So uh - did she manage to get clear and all, Lope?
- Issa
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if you had read my post before, Lope, but I edited it. Decided even if the standing works, I would use the whole thing as a turn. It probably would take a good deal of effort and concentration to stand without the use of one arm, so (supposing it succeeds) he'll be using a great deal of time to do it.

I just added some exposition to the post, and Davion giving a bit of a pep-talk to the pseudo-AI of Mercy. Like a very loyal dog, wasn't it? :\

Also added the < > tags at the end...

Anxious to see the next post. Hoping Mercy has enough armor to deal with the fire it just attracted to itself. I'm about to go old school Battletech on them, if they're still active. Anyone remember their old to-hit charts for kicking and firing in the same turn?

Red Skelton
JackAce

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, folks!

Sorry for letting this game slide for so long.

I was waiting for Fea to post Lady Kára's next actions...
And after Fea posted in the Absences thread about "trying to get on more often" I decided to wait some more...

But it's been more han a month now, so I'll have to take matters in hand myself. Until we hear from Fea again, I'll take over Lady Kára.

Expect a new update soon-ish...

JackAce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again...

I just wanted you to know that you're all free to post your next actons, even if I didn't address your specific situation in my last post.

I left out all the variations of "the weapon carriers keep shooting at you" because, quite frankly, I'd like to move things along now.

Tyris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that we are the players and you are the GM, we've been relying on you to tell us things like distances we're travelling, how long it's going to take and whether weapons hit. However, in the interests of moving things along, that is going to be suspended for a post.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
JackAce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, you are correct about that.

But at the moment, none of you was mounting any major attacks. And, as I wrote before, I created a small lapse in your enemies attacks in order to get the action moving forward...

Kára has given the order to retrat (which came from Fea, two posts ago, not from me) to which neither Davion nor Henry have so far shown any noticable reaction.

A general observation to how this combat was/is going:

So far, it went like this:
1) I tell you who's attacking you, and how.
2) You all tell me how you react to these attacks and counterattack
3) I tell you the results of all attacks and
4) Return to step 1)

At the moment, we're basically at point 3.5)
All previous attacks are pretty much dealt with, and I'm givin you some time to act before the next round firing starts.

You can now choose to keep slugging it out with these vehicles, or follow the command of your designated leader and withdraw.

In the future, I hope to find a more efficient form of combat description. Mainly one that does not require all of you to have posted your actions before I tell any of you about the results...

Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I got stuck in Step 1 I think. I was waiting to know if Davion had stood up or not, but as Tyris I'll suspend that and just assume he managed. And Davion is retreating. He's clearing the path for the retreating forces before heading that way himself.. Wink

Red Skelton
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: