FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

TREASURE HUNTERS: OOC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to throw this out there, as I don't know if it's being avoided until permission or whatnot is given. Anyone is more than welcome to guess Gregory Casey is the "infamous Max Maguire" at any time they want to, in character. It's not hard to guess, wouldn't even require a special knowledge of local culture. It's mostly a humor point and character back story point. If anyone wants to take of the mantle of prejudice against him for his history, well, then that's all the more interesting character development and interaction in my eyes Wink

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Ravenna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@: Tenshi - General protocol here (and the rules now) says that if we're looking to plot mid-size to large inter-character dramas, the best thing to do is fire off a PM to the player(s) in question and a fore-warning PM to the GM as well. Wink But I'm sure the other players will keep it in mind.

@: Maeniel - I'm aware you mentioned to me earlier that you are busy with college/uni preparations, but could we pssoibly have an ETA on the next GM update at all? ^^;; I don't want to harass if you're busy, but it's just that it has been a little while since the last big update.
Nem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Maen's been waiting for us all to run up to the nav room for the briefing.
- Issa
Ravenna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! Oh well, I've moved Lycoris on up there anyways - I think that's the same room where Peter is patching up Max/Gregory? I'm sorry if the post where she's speaking to them isn't very clear, but I don't think Peter and Lycoris got properly introduced beyond "she's first mate", so I don't think she knows everyone's name yet. ^^;;
Maeniel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenna wrote:
@: Maeniel - I'm aware you mentioned to me earlier that you are busy with college/uni preparations,

Nem wrote:
I think Maen's been waiting for us all to run up to the nav room for the briefing.

It's a bit of both. ^^;; I'm currently in training, and it looks like I'll have at least a little time to update--but I'd still like everyone to get to the navigation room as quickly as possible before updating.
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it!

@: horsinaround - Just a point of information, but Lycoris dyes her hair, so you can't tell her natural colour, at least not at this point in time. Wink I'm aware it might seem a small thing, but if you could edit accordingly please?

The Bio wrote:
Appearance: She has long hair which is normally very pale white-blond, but it is always dyed blue with streaks of purple braided through...

My initial post wrote:
Her hair, which had been dyed blue, with braids of purple threaded through, was tied in a knot at the nape of her neck...

Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! I love putting my characters in super awkward positions. I'm a very mean owner of my own characters, I like them to suffer and struggle and be awkward in all the social ways I used to be. Still am, maybe. Yeah, probably.

Anyway. Danke, Ponce!

...urf. ::falls into bed after setting his alarm to go off in six hours for class::

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple maps of Serge for y'all.

The first is a political map of Serge, showing the northwestern, eastern, and southern regions.

The second is more of a satellite image. Near the bottom, you can see tundra, which turns into evergreen forest. To the west of the eastern region is [img]ore of a temperate forest that fades into a prarie/meadow as it travels east. To the northwest side of the eastern region is a desert. Mountains separate the northwestern and eastern regions, and the northwestern region is comprised almost exclusively of tropical rainforests.

EDIT: Yeah, yeah.... There's a typo. It's actually the northwest, not the northeast.
Nem

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Fire, the cause and solution to all life's problems.'
- Issa
horsin'around

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice maps, Mane.

As of now, Lyla is being portrayed as a slightly immature girl without very many worries - which is probably not a good thing. Feel free to call her up on that. She's used to it.

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nem, with that sort of ideology, Peter and Gregory are going to get along famously.. <evil giggle>

I can see it now! Peter catches the plants on fire, and Gregory starts throwing seasoning at them. When asked what he's doing, he'll reply simply "Cutting costs of eating, mate!"

In regards to Gregory's oddly shifting and changing accents: that's more intentional than anything. He's meant to be a through-and-through entertainer, meaning he hasn't really explored his own habits very thoroughly. So, in trying to act like himself, he's acting like everything he's ever acted like first (pirates, punks, goths, hard rockers, glam rockers, mimicking every accent known to Lisaia...).

Red Skelton
Ravenna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember if I linked to it in the Peanuts Gallery, (which needs a resurrectin') but I did fan art for Treasure Hunters. X3

Here
And Over Here

If you'd like a sketchie, let me know.
JackAce

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the setting of the sails:

From Mane's descriptions I figure that the "spools" we're supposed to work on hold the Clew- and Buntlines, so unwinding them will release the sails and allow them to spread out down from the yards.

Technically, after releasing the Clews and Bunts, the Sheets will need to be hauled in to hold the sails in position and shape to catch the wind.

The winding system installed on board appears to be designed for maximum simplicity of operation, so we could just assume that each wind would simultaneously unwind the Clew and Bunts and haul in the Sheet on one side of a sail. (Two winds per sail, three sail per mast, right?)

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd like to go that in-depth...sure. I've never been sailing, actually, and I rely on movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and my friends' stories to know what on earth is going on aboard a sailing vessel. Suffice it to say, the ship is magical and can fill in the gaps that we're not doing. Smile It can fly, after all.

And yes, there are three sails per mast with two ropes per sail.

I'd like everyone to have posted by THIS WEEKEND!!! Thanks! Smile
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple apologies on my part are necessary, I've done some very sloppy writing for Max since his introduction. My mental image of his outfit has changed, his clothing has changed, and most importantly.. his bag has disappeared. Only thing that looks like sloppy writing, but is intentional, is the rapidly (and randomly) changing accent.

I have no excuse, I'll attempt to do better. -_-

@Ravenna: I looked up "Brandy" by Looking Glass, and I think the tune would fit just fine. Consider it done, that's what Max is singing.

Red Skelton
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: