FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Pet names
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Tyris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albino is most likely the word you want...

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBritishInvasion wrote:
*Throws an apple*

Ponce Wrote

Quote:
And everyone has so many animals! *hugs everyone* You've all discovered the key to my heart!

As if it weren't obvious?

On topic. I had a widdle pet rat when I was little, I named her Nibbles.

And she was the kind with the red eyes and white fur that I just can't remember the word for.

*gives Alex*

And I didn't think it was obvious. >>;;

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone guess the name of my dog, or did it get swallowed in my mammoth post?

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Allicat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Blackie?

Ponce wrote:
Peachblossom

For Tamora Pierce maybe?

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, another little Jose name. She adores Tamora Pierce.

MY Peachblossom is quite sweet though. Well...he hates men, but that's it. He's okay with Jon but would never let him ride. He only lets women ride him.

Ponce
Allicat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Tamora Pierce! I think I'd get on with Jose! That's actually what Peachblossom is like in the books, hmm, a rose by any other name...?

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peachblossom is a palomino, not a roan. That's the only problem. Wink Although...he adores Shallan, for reasons I myself know not.

Ponce
spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who owned a rat!
Okay, now for my girls!
First was Madeline. We got her from a Petsmart, 4.99, she was an adorable hooded rattie whose pints on her back made a little cross-shape. It was originally my mother's idea to get a rat...at the time, I was thinking reptiles, not rodents, because Hamsters are the spawn of satan, with the exception of chinese dwarfs, and guinea pigs are incredibly stupid, although still cute.
Second was Creampuff, named after a friend of ours gerbil, she and madeline were cage sisters, meaning they wern't from the same litter but they lived in the same space. Creampuff could be adorably sweet to amazingly cruel...crazy adorable rodent. she was hooded, too, but her coat was a nice creamy brown color, instead of Maddie who was grey.
Next was Vanna, poor thing. The story of how she came home was the reason she behaved to badly. Okay, so My mom and sister are driving home with our newly purchased little darling, and my sister says "Mom, can I take the rat out?" and mom said "No, she might escape" And my sister says "Pleeeaase?" And mom says "Alright, you can open the box, but don't take her out" And what does my sister do?
She opens it up and takes out the rat, well, being a very small rodent in a large metalic, snarling monster, and being handled by a giant, he little ratty instincts kick in and tell her to run. Well, that's exactly what she did, into that space over your feet in the front seat, and into the dashboard. My dad spent from 10:30 at night to 3;00 in the morning fishing out a rodent out of the family van, hence the name "Vanna", and a feirce disposition til the day she died, poor thing.
The last in the pack were Gretchen and the Cuteness. Instead of getting them from a Petsmart like he others, these we got from a friend of mine's older sister, who sells animals, and stuff, I'm still not sure if it was entirely legal....
Anyway, instead of being Hooded, Gretchen was a beautiful Russian Blue and the Cuteness was an adorable Dream-colored Dumbo. They were both sweet and loving, although, not as smart as the others, they didn't come when called, and we never got them to learn any tricks, like the first two sisters.
Anyway, they all lived long happy lives (or at least, we hope so) before going to ratty heaven. It was heart-wrenching to see them all go.
I miss you my darling girls, each as unique and adorable as any human girl.
For more info on rats as a species, visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fancy_rat BTW, domesticated rats are called "fancy rats"
For more info on rats(and mice) as pets (in the US) go to: http://www.rmca.org/
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
CBB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unimportant wrote:

@CBB I'm totally jealous you have a cat named Nicodemus. That's such a cool name.

It is-he's my sister's cat, and she loved and loves Rats of NIMH, so...

When I was little, we had dogs named Puppin, Yoda, White Socks, and Dusty. Puppin was my parents' first child-she preceded my sister by two years. They can't remember where they got the name from. Yoda was a stray my dad found on the street, and she got her name from her ears-if she hadn't had a long nose she would have been the spitting image of the Jedi Master. White socks was a border collie, and my brother's first dog. He was named for the white fur on his feet, but he grew up to be a notorious sock-thief. Dusty was a tiny little cocker spaniel/poodle mix, and he was my mom's bodyguard who went absolutely everywhere with her. He was a mean little pest, except to Mom.

When I was eight I got a cat as a birthday gift. She was a beautiful Maine Coon that I named Kitsy. She hated everyone except me, my grandmothers, and, for some reason, our family friends from Germany. She got kidnapped once, and whoever took her threw her out the window while they were driving down a busy street. She broke her leg in the fall, but still managed to run and hide under a car when people came to help her. She had to get a cast, but she was just fine afterwards-they knew to find us from her microchip. Everyone always remember to get a microchip planted in their pets!

Psychosomatic! That boy needs therapy...
Ya que estamos en el baile, ¡bailemos!

Keeper of Earthsong's Wispy Wooshy Memory Ball
Keeper of the Dragon Planet
Tyris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collars not good enough for you any more?

*wave cane, shoo kids off lawn*

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Lithrath

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thief may discard the collar.

Okay, for Lith's animal companions we have past and present animals.

Past:

Aja - German shepherd, year my senior, had to be euthanized when 12 due to throat cancer. She followed my youngest uncle home when she was just a pup and he named her after a friend who had just moved away. She was very friendly but still rather protective of my brother and I; she'd walk us to our swimming lessons down the street, wait with the mothers and then walk us home again. As a straight back shepherd, it was inevitable that she'd begin to develop hip problems, but she didn't let that stop her from letting herself out of the backyard for daily walks.

Ashleigh - Tortoiseshell, 1/2 year my junior, had to be euthanized when 16 1/2 after suffering a stroke which paralyzed her lower body (I came home to find my precious kitty laying in urine and mewing piteously T.T). As for her name, my dad wanted to name me Ashleigh Emilie --Sarah Beryl was my mum's choice-- so they compromised on Sarah Emily, my dad bought the cat when I was eight months old as a companion.

Minsk - Apricot and white hamster. Named after the Baldur's Gate character who is a ranger with a hamster named Boo. My Minsk's attitude resembled the ranger's quite well --big, slow and joyful. He paseed away in his sleep at an old age.

Satoshi - grey gerbil. Named for the lead character in Pokemon aka Ash in the English translation. I was reading the Pokemon manga at the time and Satoshi acquires a very gerbiltail-like ponytail when he gets older. He also had this expression he'd give me every morning when I greeted him that resembled a wizened sage. Sadly he only lasted a year and a half due to an usual case of epilepsy. He had a seizure one morning after running on his wheel without warning.

Present:

Both dogs technically are my step-mother's.

Brandy - yorkie X toy poodle. Licks everything, 7-8 yrs. old, sweet disposition, fur was brandy coloured as a pup and has lightened to mix of blonde, grey and amber. She cuddles.

Baxter - shi tzu X toy poodle. Bounces from point A to point B, 1 1/2 yrs. old, friendly with paranoid tendencies (barks at shadows not at people). Named for Baxter's Milk, a New Brunswick dairy (he was bought in NB). He's black with brown touches. He burrows.

theBSDude

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lithrath wrote:
Aja - German shepherd, year my senior, had to be euthanized when 12 due to throat cancer.

When I was little, my parents bought a Cardigan Welsh Corrgie. After a year or two, he had to be put down because of Hip Dysplasia. Another dog from the same breeder had it too, and he was put down after he bit my baby sister... Crying or Very sad We swore off dogs until we got Koopa last year.

Sad memories....

Oops, fell into a little puddle of Emo there... they really shouldn't leave that stuff lying around.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Lithrath

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*mops up puddle of Emo*

Aja had been bit by another dog earlier that year (we think that's when she became weak enough for the cancer to take hold). Her and Ashleigh used to play fight constantly, but when Aja was wrapped in her bandages after being attacked, Ashleigh came and snuggled up between her paws.

Aja was big enough that I was able to ride her when I was 4. I will always remember lying on her back, hands on her collar, trotting down the street to the park. ^__^

And I mean big. She was probably a good 80 cm at the withers. She may have been part wolf (some of her physical characteristics suggested it, golden brown eyes, massive paws and shoulders, etc.) but she never seemed to display any hint of a feral nature.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: