FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Bering RPG Chapter 1.5: Maiden Voyage
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Bering RPG Chapter 1.5: Maiden Voyage Reply with quote

((Recapping current events and adjusting the backstory just a bit, which will give me a bit more story room later..))

The DSS Bering's launch was a dramatic success, with her crew handling the fresh vessel flawlessly. The Bering herself was a work of art in her own way, despite the exposed internal systems. Our pilot would notice that the vessel was responsive and sleek through the atmosphere, and even moreso once she was space-bound. Our Engineers would note that she was above and beyond all normal specifications. Even the cook (and medic) would find that she was well furnished in even those normally forgotten areas.

In fact, the Bering was likely the finest ship to make the voyage off-planet for several years, and for good reason. Most of Earth's governments had joined a coalition of governments, a great council of nations who would work toward the betterment of the entire race of humanity. Previous culture barriers and language barriers were being broken at record paces, and only the countries who refused to join this coalition were being left behind.

The DSS Bering was not the first vessel to celebrate her maiden voyage off-world, but she had always been struggling to find her place. From budget cuts to economic hardship, the Bering came together slowly and from many places. It was a true testament to her contractors that the ship was in such fine shape as it was. Perhaps even more importantly, she had a captain who genuinely wanted to see her fly. Captain Eisner had not just invited them to crew the Bering, he was the sole person responsible for the task of finding a crew... When the government backing fell out from behind the Bering, Captain Eisner sought Dytari CSS out and made it so that the Bering would not be another ship left in dry dock for all her years.

Their cargo was unknown, and not very well marked beyond "danger" signs. Really, it could have been anything from pesticide to the deadliest toxin known to man; the crew wouldn't have known the difference. The destination: a planet by the name of 'Dangus' which was currently under a rather pathetic pirate blockade. Dytari CSS has accepted the bounty on the pirates, and as such the DSS Bering will be used to eliminate the pirate threat to the planet before her cargo can be offloaded...

Currently, the DSS Bering was in queue for the jump gate outside the Sol system. At this very moment, Captain Eisner was having a meeting with his Head Engineer and First Officer...

"So," Captain Eisner began with a smile, "as you ladies may know, we had to leave a bit ahead of schedule. You see, there is some mild pirate activity on Dangus. Rather, above it. Our employer has accepted the bounty on them, and we'll be first to arrive and engage them."

He paused for a moment, letting this new information settle with them. Glancing between the two, he realized just how difficult the Sreekaanse were for him to read. In all truth, he would be asking Thieli her opinion without having any of his intution to fall back on.

"My intention is to come in at a distance, and snipe them with the deck guns before they can get close enough to return fire. All in all, should be a milk run, but it's still combat and I want everybody to be doing their jobs one hundred percent!"

Adjusting his position, he clasped his hands behind his back and nodded. They were a good crew, he had hand-selected them. In these people, he had the utmost confidence, he knew they would be able to handle anything a rag-tag group of privateers could throw at them.

"Once we've dealt with the pirates, we can offload our cargo on Dangus. We already have a second contract lined up, some passengers actually. They'll be heading back to Earth, so we should be expecting a return trip fairly soon after departure."

Looking between the two of them again, he relented to the fact that he would have to let them tell him, openly and honestly, their opinions. He would have to give them the trust he believed they deserved at some point..

"Any thoughts, ladies?"

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It felt good to be spaceborne again. Gibbs had feared that this civilian vessel would claw at the air like a swan during launch, but she'd handled like a dream - not to the same level as a frigate, but far better than he had thought a cargo carrier would.

He held his place in the jump gate queue and monitored his surroundings diligently.
Feaelen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieli tilted her head to the side as she listened to the Captain's discription of their mission. She made sure to keep one eye focused on the Captain and the other on Jarvy to note her reaction to the mission plan.

"The engines are performing quite well Captain, the launch was sound. My only suggestion for the mission would be to take a slight detour to test our manouverability and guns to make sure everything is sound before entering into a fire fight."

((OOC sorry for the long wait, best explination i have is life interupted me and took over...))

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Notes in the OOC section, please check in there.))

Captain Eisner nodded as the Chief Engineer spoke, realizing that he agreed with her completely. The engines and hull were obviously solid, but the gunner was as yet untested. The pilot was an example to his profession, but it was atmospheric flight. The Bering was untested in actual combat. That, however, was soon to change. He brought his hands around behind his back, smiling coyly and clasping his wrists.

"Thieli, I couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll have that chance..."

He released his hands, motioning toward his First Officer and the communications printout she held between white-knuckled fingers. The Captain continued his narrative, as he took the printout and spread it across his desk.

"We have to move our timetable up. Before DSS sent word about the pirates, a vessel was on it's way into the system already. The DSS Tacoma got off one emergency broadcast before falling silent. In their broadcast, they mentioned there were two pirate vessels. One of them is supposed to be carrying this..."

Flipping the pages, he spread the paper out as if to emphasize the crude print-out's ability to recreate an image. A hazy object, very geometric, hovered in a background of black. It's sharp lines creased back from a knife's edge of a nose, striking long lines toward it's own tail. To either side of the main body, long slender supports fanned out in beautifully articulated wings. Attached to the wings were large, cylindrical canisters; three to a wing. Thieli likely recognized them immediately, most of the experienced space-faring species would. Biological Warheads

"I'm told by the report these are some sort of biological warfare agents, and so we have to move in immediately and disable the ship carrying them. They're highly guarded military secrets, meaning that finding out how they got there is as important as stopping them from using them."

Releasing the paper, he sighed and returned his hands to his back. "I want everything buckled down and checked. Once you've checked it, check it again. These pirates have already disabled a vessel of the same class as the Bering. Right now, our advantage is that they think we're going to be a pushover. Our best bet is to hit them so hard, they decide to run for cover. We can out range them, but not out gun them in a fight."

"Alright, let's get to it. I'll be on the bridge, and we'll be in constant communication. Thieli, get the ship ready to perform miracles when we need them. Miss Heit, you're with me."

Waiting for only a brief moment, he glanced between the two women again. With a smile that was meant to encourage them, he nodded and clapped his hands before him. "Let's show these pirate scum they've crossed the wrong shipping company."

--------------------------------------

Captain Eisner and First Officer Jarvy Heit stepped onto the bridge almost in unison, the Captain still clutching a ream of paper under one arm. Captain Eisner immediately stepped over to Mr. Gibbs, and placed one hand on his shoulder. Eisner may not have been a military man in his career, but he had been in the position to give this sort of order before.

"Mister Gibbs, I want you to take us through the gate as planned. Once we're through, bring us about and aim us directly at Dangus. Bring the maneuvering thrusters on-line, and prepare for combat maneuvers. We may very well be flying right into a trap."

With that finished, he gave Gibbs a pat on the shoulder and headed to his command console. His fingers tapped across the keys, bringing various gages and screens online. An odd mis-mash of human and alien technology glowed at him from beneath his palms, displaying everything about their vessel. From the status of the outer armor plating, to the steam engine boiler gage, it was all here.

"Mister Gibbs, please take us through. Miss Heit, please announce over ship-wide that we'll be entering combat shortly.."

Without missing a beat, the ship-wide communication crackled to life. An electronic voice, only slightly resembling the female voice that it was trying to reflect, echoed across all sections of the ship.

All hands, please prepare for combat. All stations must check and report ready status. No time for a shakedown, so let's make sure we do a proper job!

------------------------------

On the DSS Tacoma, things were a much darker shade of grey than normal. The normally emotionally empty hallways were now filled with plenty of character. Long black marks scored the sides of the hallway leading back into the medical bay. All of the doors above, which led into personal rooms, had been opened. Stray objects and personal effects lay scattered across the floor like garbage waiting to be collected. There was even a portrait, of the captain and his lovely wife, smashed and torn against the wall.

A table was overturned in the hallway by the crew doors. A solid oak table, made on Earth and presented to the Tacoma's captain as a sign of good luck. Luck, however, was not to be with the captain this day. As far as anyone knew, the Captain was already dead, and had been since the emergency broadcast was shut off at the source - the Bridge.

The rest of the crew was piled into the medical bay wherever they would fit. Bloody wounds and visible fractures seemed to take almost all of them into a state of delirium or unconsciousness, and the only two who were still awake were not faring much better.

*CLANG*

Another bullet whizzed past the crates and steel medical table that barricaded the crew into the medical room. The further back of the two remaining crew cursed, loudly, and earned herself another ricocheting bullet for her trouble. Deathly silent, she ducked back down and returned to tending to the gunnery chief's head wound.

The medic was normally a fairly attractive young woman in her early twenties. A medical whiz-kid, she had graduated top of her class (all men) in a prestigious American institution. With honors and high recommendations, she was a natural for the DSS Tacoma's long-range runs. At the moment however, she was injecting as many stimulants into her system as she was injecting sedatives into her patients. A stim-aided shake had taken over her hands, and she was barely able to tend to any wounds at all.

It was fairly obvious she was not going to come out of this one at the top of her field.

That only left one person, other than the pirates who had taken over the ship, alive and in good standing. Though he had been awake for a long three days, he was as sharp as one could humanly be in the situation - and without the stimulant addiction.

Mitch Larsen, 21, graduated from his high school as a wrestler and a boxer. Since then, he had trained in the culinary arts of humans, Sreekaanse, and a limited amount of Linaut. He spoke just as many languages, though maybe not as fluently as a ship's communicator. Instead, he had been selected for his talents as a linguist by the Police in Seattle, Washington.

It was his officer's training here that held the pirates at bay. As any of them dared poke their head above the solid wood barrier, Mitch would put a metal slug right past (or hopefully through) it. His own metal table was enough of a defense to keep himself tucked back, away, able to hold their position until help arrived.

If help arrived.

Another ricochet climbed the wall around the metal examination table, this time high above them. The pirates were shooting blindly, but the effect was about the same for the good doctor. Doctor Lindsay Berkham was talented, sure of herself, and even capable of making most male patients refuse anesthesia to look macho (a practice her money-tight employers enjoyed taking advantage of). Doctor Berkham was not, it seemed, capable of handling being fired upon.

"I can't deal with this... I can't take it... They'll just have to see, I'm a doctor, they can't hurt me... It's not right, not right... they can't hurt me... it's against the code of ethics..." She murmured to herself, wringing her red stained hands as if to remove the color from them. She stood, and made slow steps toward the barricade. "Yes, make them understand...yes..."

----------------------------

Back on the DSS Bering, the communication channel crackled to life almost directly behind First Officer Heit's address.

"DSS Bering, you are cleared for transit. Be aware, signals from Dangus indicate a battle ahead."

With this new pearl of serenity, the gate communication abruptly ended. A small light on Gibb's panel flashed steadily, calmly. The "all green" signal for transit, as it was labeled.

Captain Eisner quickly busied himself with sending a message down to the medical bay, down to Doctor Gregory.

"Doctor Gregory, I want you to prepare for wounded or casualties. It looks like we're going to step into a war zone, and I want to be ready to save as many as we can."

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes, sir." Gibbs flashed a predatory grin to the Captain. The flight up from Earth had been smooth and safe, but not xactly interesting or all that challenging. He was at the front of the queue for the gate. He flexed his fingers and cracked his knuckles as he waited for the gate colour to change to allow him entry. He powered up all his systems, and listened to clanks and hisses around his feet as gears engaged and pipes opened to allow him fine control over the ship.

The gate's colour flickered briefly and turned to a brilliant green which lit the inside of the bridge. Gibbs pushed the main engine control forwar and the ship surged beneath him. They were on their way.

((I envision the gate as basically a big stargate floating in space. The event horizon goes green when the gate's destination is locked, and red when it's no. Going through on red is possible but...inadvisable (booom...)))
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no no no... Leah's stmach turned over at the Captain's message, and she started reciting Tehillim out loud. Leah hated fighting, she truly did. She was always nervous and shaky before a potential battle, but she attained an adrenaline-based calm in the heat of things and afterward.

That was not on her mind right now, though. Right now, she was shaky and sweating nervously. She did not need to learn of the increased danger they were facing, not when she was having issues with the gate. Hopefully she would have some time - just a few minutes - to get her head back together before she would be desperately needed.

{{Tehillim translates to Psalms. We recite them when we need strength, or are praying for something special. I'm assuming Doctor Berkham is going to die in your next post? And what day is it?}}

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes, make them understand...yes...."
Mitch heard Lindsay muttering behind him. "~Feces~!" he hissed in Sreekaanse. He stood up to face her..., and nearly fell over. Too fast- the room tilted and swayed around him. The sleeplessness and implant use was wearing on him.
"Berkham," he said, as soon as the room stopped spinning, "do I gotta tell you again, sit down! You turn on us; I swear to the Lord, I'll kill you myself." He didn't mean it, of course, but he felt it. Mitch had thought her quite attractive when they'd met, but the cowardice and selfishness she'd shown since the attack had completely altered his perception entirely.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Tuesday, 13h28m (1:28PM) local time-
-Planet of Dangus-

A green glow encompassed the whole of the Bering for a moment. Each of the decks was illuminated in turn, as if the hull were made of paper and the light was shining through it as it moved by slowly. This was a natural phenomenon: the disassembly of atoms at one end of the gate, and re-assembly at the other. As soon as the glow had passed, they were in Dangus. No jarring bumps, no whooshing sound, they simply existed light years from their previous location.

Back on the bridge, the star field had changed abruptly in their view screen. First it had been a vast expanse of greenish tinted liquid, rippling as they touched it like some sort of suspended ocean. Now the green liquid disappeared from their vision, and left them with a muted star scape in blues and whites, sometimes a red or yellow among them.

Bering's transit was as smooth as silk, though the sight awaiting them was decidedly less so. The planet Dangus glowed in a dull blue and purple hue distantly, lit by it's yellow sun off to the view screen's right. Much closer than this, rest the DSS Tacoma. It's forward guns had been sheared completely off by weapons fire, and it's engines had several gaping holes in them. Water still trailed from the rear of the vessel, proof that it's steam engines were damaged.

Resting against the starboard docking hatch was a large vessel, roughly the size of the Tacoma. The nose of the vessel started in a razor's edge, trailing back in a long curve above the nose. The bridge of the vessel made no extra lines along the sleek airframe, marked only by a soft blue glow just above the nose. As the curve arched back in on itself, it nearly came to touch the lower body of the craft (which was simply flat), then flared outward again to expand into four thin tail fins. From the sides of the craft stretched two long wings, looking almost more like fins on a fish (or skeletal wings on a bird) than airplanes. Beneath each wing were three small cylindrical canisters, with engines and tail fins on them as well.

Between this vessel and the Bering floated another vessel, much smaller than the first. It was a classic fighter design from one of the alien worlds, with reverse swept wings bristling with weaponry. It's nose was pointed in a cone, and it's body elongated back to end in a simple engine with maneuvering thrusters along it's length. The conical nose swept low, and hung underneath the vessel was the pilot's spherical bubble. A simple, if devastatingly potent, attack vessel.

As the fighter vessel danced in to block the Bering's view of the Tacoma, a small orange light began pulsing beneath the view screen. A communication, pushing through the acceptance channels and into ship-wide.

"DSS Bering, power down your weapons and engines. Prepare to be boarded, and we can do this with a minimum of bloodshed. I don't think I need to provide an example of our ability to enforce this order, do I?"

The voice was human, but English was obviously not their primary language. In fact, given the accent, their primary language was probably not even Earth-based...

If there was ever any indication before, that would prove it. These were not normal pirates.

--------------------------------

Mitch stood, wavered, but managed to keep his footing as he faced Lindsay. Now coming nearly face to face with her, he could see her panic-lined face. Instead of acting on thoughts, on ideas, she was running completely on fear and adrenaline at this point. Her entire body was visibly shaking, her pupils tiny dots in a sea of red-stained white.

"M..mus...must make them...sto...stop.." her shaking nearly kept her from speaking, but she must have sensed there was a nearby body for she practically fell on top of Mitch.

Doctor Berkham was sobbing almost before her hands gripped his shoulders. They were broken, pitiful cries, more often heard from young children than grown doctors. Being so close, Mitch could almost smell a hint of cinnamon left on her. The doctor almost always had some sort of cinnamon scent, though how it had lasted three days in a dark and damp med bay was difficult to figure out.

As if sensing her own weakness, the doctor quickly stiffened and removed her hands. She slowly backed away a step, then sank to the floor next to the line of unconscious crew. Her knees drew in, her arms wrapped around her knees, and her head fell into her knees to hide her face.

"Make them go away..." she mumbled into her knees.

As if to punctuate her words, another shot ricocheted high above them. The medical table and some crates were still a passable barricade, but this time Mitch could make out footsteps from beyond the barricade. They were coming now, probably drawn by the woman's cries.

"I just want to go home," she said again, monotone.

Red Skelton
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Captain, company. Looks like a light fighter, and some form of boarding craft, definitely not Earth design. No overtly hostile moves as yet, but they're definitely well armed, and they've already taken out the Tacoma. Orders, sir?"
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leah clenched her teeth and managed not to scream as they went through the gate. The physical ride might have been smooth, but her gravity manipulator was almost vibrating inside her skull from the forces playing with the ship. As soon as they were through, the Einsteins started adjusting to open space. Since they were no longer fighting planetary gravity, they settled into the low hum that Leah was used to, and faded into the background. Unsnapping all her hook at once using her implant, Leah took quick stock of her own condition and exited the sickbay.

Leah walked quickly to the bridge, arriving in time to hear Gibbs's announcement to the captain. taking a deep breath, Leah murmured a prayer to G-d for assistance in the upcoming battle and said, "Captain, if there's any time at all for me to check over the crew before we engage, I would like to do so - if someone had a bad reaction and requires assistance, I should like to provide it before it becomes too much of an issue. Other than that, I am ready for whatever comes."

{{I sent her to the bridge so that she could be with the largest concentration of people if he gives the go-ahead, and because I don't know if the PA system works both ways. I can't wait to hear what Gibbs has to say to Leah's invasion. ^_~}}

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Rolaoi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johanna stayed in the engine room long enough to make sure everything was in working order after the jump before heading to the bridge.

"Himmelräubern. Bitte, niemand sterben." Anna was taking deep breaths as the elevator rose to the levels above. She started to recall artillery drills from her days in the Women's Guard in Dresden. They weren't the best, but at least she would know what to do in theory.

She took a short detour to her cabin where she picked up the Bible. Anna hadn't been very religious for a long time, yet she took the old book and opened it. Her mother's neat signature was on the first page, and then Anna's childhood scrawl was under it. She leafed through the pages for a second, before closing the book. She began to pray, but found the only thing she could find to say was, "Gott, außer uns bitte." Anna put the bible back down and headed directly to the bridge.

She entered, "Captain Eisner, sir, what do you need me to do?"

((Bridge))

Rauber is robber in German, and used in pirate as Seerauber. Being that see wouldn't make sense in space, I used Himmel, which means sky or heaven.

"Pirates. Please, nobody die."
"God, save us."
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
theBSDude

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Make them go away...."

Mitch immediately regretted his harsh words. He hadn't noticed 'til now just how badly Berkham was dealing with the violence. But if she continued on like this, she'd get them all killed. He knelt next to her and pulled her head up, forcing her to look him in the eye. "Lindsay," he spoke softly and slowly, trying to calm her. He could see her eyes, pupils the same as drug addicts he'd as an officer in Seattle. "I need you... to calm. down. okay? Calm... calm.... Lindsay?" It wasn't working.

"I just want to go home," her voice was flat, defeated.

"Lindsay--" Mitch heard footsteps behind him-- inside the barricade. "~Feces! Feces! Feces!~"
The pirates hadn't shot him; they must want to make him pay for killing their friends. Idiots.
He turned back to Berkham. "Hide."
There was a puddle of water a meter or two away, due to the leaking engines, and a metal pipe a meter in the other direction. There were three pirates, judging by their footsteps, and Berkham was already moving for shelter.
Mitch took a deep breath. He could do this. No problem. Calm... calm... calm....

Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

theBSDude

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The men were close behind him now. The first man spoke. "All right you little f--"

Mitch stood up quickly and spun on his heels. Reaching out with his grav-implant, he hurled what amounted to a handful of rusty water into the men's faces.
He leaned back and threw his foot in a high arc, catching the first man hard in the temple with his left heel. The man's head hit the deck with a crack and bounced. Mitch set his foot down and shifted almost imperceptibly, except for a sharp torque of his hip that sent a high right side-kick into the second man's throat. The third man blinked his reddening eyes at the tainted water and tried to bring his gun to the right direction. Mitch knocked away the man's gun with the heel of his right palm and, tensing his left hand like a spear, drove it into the man's Adams apple. The blow stunned the pirate, and Mitch snapped his neck. The second man had almost managed to catch his breath despite a broken windpipe. He would be ready for a fist-fight, and Mitch could feel the nausea of using his implant about to over take him. That was what the metal pipe was for. Mitch snatched it up off the floor, turned it over once to check the weight, and delivered a devastating blow to the man's head. The body slid a couple feet across the floor, leaving a smear of blood.
Mitch leaned on the pipe like a cane as gravitonic nausea racked him. Then he smiled. "Ha. Ha... they won't try that again, ~feces brains~. Lindsay, you all right?"

(OOC- I'd planned to wait a while before posting this, you know, leave a little space, but I couldn't help myself.)

Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((A non-GM post while I work out some college stuff. Sorry about the delay, I've been bickering with the staff here at the college as to whether or not I exist. Figure that one out...))

Captain Eisner's jaw tensed as he listened to the demand. His fingers curled into balled fists, pressing hard against the terminal while his mind raced. What authority could they possibly have... prepare to be boarded my-

. "Captain, company. Looks like a light fighter, and some form of boarding craft, definitely not Earth design. No overtly hostile moves as yet, but they're definitely well armed, and they've already taken out the Tacoma. Orders, sir?"

Blinking to clear his thoughts, he straightened himself quickly. Without even having realized it, he had tensed and hunched as if preparing for the attack to commence at any moment. That's not have civilized people did this space thing though, was it? Then, they were pirates.

He then noticed Leah and Johanna both entering the bridge. A few minutes ago he would have found it odd that everyone was piling into the bridge, but he figured the transmission may have made it elsewhere across the ship. Turning and stepping from his command terminal, he acknowledged them first. Mister Gibbs would be working closely with him shortly, and it was always polite to offer "Ladies' First" wasn't it?

. "Leah, you're absolutely right and free to go to the crew as needed. Try to keep to the walls, this fight got a bit more complicated and I don't want you bouncing around. Johanna, hop up into one of the gunnery turrets and give Mister Raude a hand. I have the feeling we'll be needing both of you up there."

Smiling broadly at the two of them, he nodded his approval with a bit of a shine in his eye. Pride swelled within him, these were his crew and they were already going above and beyond, asking him what could be done to make things better than they were! Another few pulses from the light beneath the viewscreen quickly reminded him of time and place, and he offered them another nod before moving over to Gibbs.

. "Mister Gibbs, Miss Heit, unless you two have any complaints about it, I have absolutely no intention to turn ourselves over to search and seizure from a vessel known to engage in piracy. In fact, I suggest our reply be something along the lines of both deck guns straight down it's nose."

Patting Gibbs on the shoulder, he moved back to his command terminal as Miss Heit adjusted knobs and dials on her own station. She reviewed the readouts and gave Eisner a nod, to which he smiled to the viewscreen.

. "Shipwide," he said with a pause. As he heard the PA crackle back to life he continued. "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a wounded trade ship out there which is under siege by pirates. Now, the pirates want us to give up nice and easy so we can go the way of the dinosaur just like the Tacoma has. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd really like to punch a few holes in their fancy ships instead. Good luck to us all, I know you won't let the Bering or the Tacoma down."

Cutting the feed, he looked over to Mister Gibbs with a wry smile. "Well, Mister Gibbs. Would you like to take our lady Bering for a dance?"

-------------------------

((And so I don't forget my own character XD))

Damien had sat in his gunnery turret, staring through the viewport at the stars most of the trip here. The gate had been simply dazzling from his perch within a giant mechanical dome, and the trip through the stars was now no less breathtaking. Of course, now they were staring down the rather advanced looking weapons of a fighter craft that looked none too happy to see them. With his hearing protection strapped tightly to his head, he only heard the ship-wide PA.

. I would normally agree completely, but I seem to have misplaced my radio... he thought to himself with little more than a shrug.

Sliding his hands forward, he reached the leather and rubber grips of the massive rotating platform's weapons. Simple, relatively affective, these weapons were the sort of thing you would see on huge bombers, not naval vessels. All the same, if there was going to be a fight, he would be glad to have something that could put a lot of weapons fire down in a relatively short time.

. A quarter says that fancy fighter ship of yours will never fly right, after I put a few hundred lead slugs through it. Of course, if I happen to be right, I guess there will be no chance to collect on that. I believe that is a quarter I would rather not make...

Red Skelton
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Unless something goes wrong, there shouldn't be any bouncing around - remember that the artificial gravity system keeps down constant whatever the ship's doing. And also that we're in space, so there's no other gravity field to interfere.))

Gibbs raised an eyebrow as Miss Gregory entered. The cockpit really wasn't her place, particularly not in combat. She should be in the medical bay - they were at battle stations, and that was hers. But far be it from him to countermand the captain's orders.

Gibbs' eyes lit up at the Captain's suggestion. "Very much so, sir." It had been a while since he'd been in combat - what little of it there had been patrolling the space lanes. The ship was coming into view above the cockpit. He toggled his intercom to the gunnery position. "Mr Raude, main guns should be coming to bear soon. Be ready to fire on command."

He looked up to see the ship, and pulled the control yoke back, turning the ship on its axis. They kept going on their previous heading, the main engines being shut down, but the guns would come to bear soon.

((As before, space manoeuvring. The ship keeps going in one direction unless there's main engine burn, which i'll mention. The manoeuvring thrusters point the nose towards the enemy to get (and maintain) a main gun bead.))
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: